Restaurants Duty Manager
Are you looking for a new Duty Manager role that gives you the opportunity to look after operations across all the restaurants inside Selfridges Oxford Street? Are you ready for a change with a desire to join an exciting business that is driven by imagination? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in restaurants as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Restaurant Duty Manager you will:
- Be responsible for supporting the daily operations of all of the restaurants within Selfridges Oxford Street – this includes but is not limited to: The Fount Bar, Dolly’s Café, Harry Gordon’s Bar, The Corner, Hemsley + Hemsley, Brass Rail and Selfridges Kitchen.
- Support the morning team meetings with the Restaurant Managers, updating them on any activity in store that day that they need to know about. You’ll also run through the financial plan for the day and collect their personal forecasts.
- Support all teams during service by holding the ‘duty phone,’ supporting, solving and dealing with any issues which may arise. These could be anything from IT issues to team members calling in sick or late for shifts.
- Jump into service to support a specific restaurant if they need you, especially during peak times. You’ll find yourself doing anything from hosting and greeting guests to clearing tables and running drinks and food, to supporting in our back of house areas.
- Work across the store and enable our success by ensuring that messages are being shared across the correct channels.
- Be the go to person for all the intel on restaurant operations, updating the store hosts, store lead and department managers of any events or situations that occur across our restaurants.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll be a team player who is super confident to work with teams to achieve world-class service standards and customer experiences.
- You’ll inspire and motivate your fellow team members to continually improve standards and selling techniques to drive revenue and repeat visits.
- You’ll have a really positive attitude to your work and your resilience will be second to none.
- You will demonstrate a balanced and flexible approach to your role as well as think innovatively and creatively to find the best solutions to problems.
- You will always go the extra mile for the team and customer and this will be reflected in your relationships not only across Selfridges, but with our regulars too!
- You won’t be scared to manage up and across many different departments and roles as it will be your job to communicate across the store.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a fantastic team who are incredibly passionate about delivering a world-class, restaurants experience. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact from day one, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at restaurants either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development