Release Manager - Retail & Head Office (6m Fixed Term Contract)
Are you looking for a new Release Manager role that gives you the chance to get creative and use your skills and knowledge to deliver technical changes for Selfridges Retail and Head Office Service Lines? Are you craving autonomy and a new role that gives you the opportunity to collaborate with others to have a meaningful contribution to our business strategy? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Release Manager – Retail & Head Office, you’ll organise, direct and manage activities for delivering technical changes for the Retail and Head Office Service Lines.
Please note this role is initially a 6 month fixed term contract.
You’ll also ensure the capture, management, planning and coordination of the Release requirements for the above-mentioned Service line, from reviewing designs, planning environments, through Test stages and into Live Service.
You’ll also oversee the software lifecycle through design and transitional stages and delivering solutions to Production. Working closely with internal stakeholders and a large number of external suppliers to plan, schedule and execute the necessary activities to establish appropriate Test facilities, ensuring suitable deployment controls and effective route to live for change.
This is not a hands-on product SME role, but a suitable understanding of the main products used in these Service lines will be needed.
As part of this, you will:
- Be the primary contact for stakeholders from the Service line for anything related to Release or Environment policies and processes, as well as details of current and future Releases in plan;
- Collaborate with Production Support, Project teams, Development & Deployment Partners and Test teams to plan and deliver Releases;
- Capture plans, timelines and requirements to support each Release;
- Review requirements and assess delivery options and potential synergies or impact to other work underway;
- Plan and establish the technical Test environments needed to successfully support Development and Testing phases of the lifecycle, through to Production deployment;
- Schedule and track all changes and supporting activities throughout the lifecycle;
- Evaluate scope and set priorities for Release criteria and product quality requirements;
- Ensuring the correct mix of resources across Development, Product SMEs and other technical teams are available to deliver each Release;
- Proactively identify and address Release issues and risks, work with stakeholders and supporting teams to resolve;
- Track and log all incidents, risks and issues and ensure these are both maintained for the lifecycle and useable for future PIR and lessons learnt activities;
- Establish regular and repeatable delivery patterns for the applications in scope;
- Communicate Release plans and status to stakeholders and senior management;
- Manage Change Control throughout the lifecycle.
The role sits within the Release & Environments team, which is made up of several Release Managers supporting different Service lines plus Environment Managers. The role will need to work within a consistent framework and adopt a standard approach consistent with other release Managers in the team.
The role will also work closely with Production Support, Product Owners, Project Teams and other stakeholders to capture and schedule work. Will need to liaise with Architects, Testers, Suppliers and other internal and external teams as required to ensure Test Environments are established, configured and that deployments are managed and controlled to agreed standards. This includes the end to end coordination for all Release & Environment activities for these Service lines and providing support during the lifecycle.
The Ideal Candidate
- This is a key coordination role and as such needs someone with extensive experience in a similar Release Management role and having worked in a heavily federated environment
- Knowledge of Retail applications, such as Salesforce, Medallia, Global Blue, Mission and XBR would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of other applications used by our Head Office, such as Oracle EBS, Jira/Confluence, MS Office Products and Hyperion would also be highly desirable.
- As Oracle provide both Development, Product Support and Deployment services then knowledge of having worked with their processes and tools through the focus of Release Management for EBS and Hyperion applications would be highly desirable.
- Very good understanding and experience of the full SDLC
- Specifically, detailed experience and knowledge in the Design and Transition areas
- Knowledge of DevOps and automation processes and tooling is required for this role
- Experience in fast pace delivery environments with competing priorities
- Previous retail would be preferable but is not a necessity
- Familiar with Infrastructure configuration such as firewalls and connection protocols
Qualifications/ Training/ Technical Skills
- ITIL qualified, specifically with a good appreciation of Service Transition
- Strong process knowledge of Software development Life Cycles, including Agile
- Proven track record of delivering software products in complex environments with multiple external delivery teams
- The successful candidate may have a background of technical project management or senior software delivery management from either a corporate or a supplier of software services
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Ability to work on own iniative;
- Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills, pitching to the appropriate level
- Ability to continually question current customs and practice, and initiate quality improvements
- Personal Effectiveness (resilience) and good commercial sense
- Strategic and analytical Pproblem solving skills and effective time management
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development