Release Manager- Product & Supply
Are you looking for a new Release Manager role that gives you the chance to get creative and use your skills and knowledge to deliver technical changes for Selfridges Digital Service Line?
Are you craving autonomy and a new role that gives you the opportunity to collaborate with others to have a meaningful contribution to our business strategy? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
The Release Manager- Product & Supply will oversee the software lifecycle through design and transitional stages and delivering solutions to Production. Working closely with internal stakeholders and a large number of external suppliers to plan, schedule and execute the necessary activities to establish appropriate test facilities, ensuring suitable deployment controls and an effective route to live for change.
As Release Manager- Product & Supply you will:
- Manage the overall delivery process for changes from the domain
- Be the primary contact for stakeholders from the domain for anything related to Release or Environment policies and processes, as well as details of current and future Releases in plan
- Collaborate with Production Support, Project teams, Development & Deployment Partners and Test teams to plan and deliver Releases
- Capture plans, timelines and requirements to support each Release
- Review requirements and assess delivery options and potential synergies or impact to other work underway
- Plan and establish the technical Test environments needed to successfully support Development and Testing phases of the lifecycle, through to Production deployment
- Schedule and track all changes and supporting activities throughout the lifecycle
- Evaluate scope and set priorities for Release criteria and product quality requirements
- Ensuring the correct mix of resources across Development, Product SMEs and other technical teams are available to deliver each Release
- Proactively identify and address Release issues and risks, work with stakeholders and supporting teams to resolve
- Support the setup and management of CICD/DevOps Toolchains.
- Track and log all incidents, risks and issues and ensure these are both maintained for the lifecycle and useable for future PIR and lessons learnt activities
- Establish regular and repeatable delivery patterns for the applications in scope
- Communicate Release plans and status to stakeholders and senior management
- Manage Change Control throughout the lifecycle
The Ideal Candidate
- This is a key coordination role and as such needs someone with extensive experience in a similar Release Management role and having worked in a heavily federated environment
- Knowledge of Oracle Retail products, such as MOM, DAS and RIB is required for this role
- Other products in scope include Automic, STEP, Red Prairie and Matflo therefore previous knowledge in some of those or similar products is required for the role.
- Familiarity of middleware applications like SOA/ODI/MFT and MQ/IIB is desirable for this role
- Co-ordination of issue resolution with different stakeholders and suppliers
- Understanding of Cutover activities and ability to work with Cutover Manager.
- Very good understanding and experience of the full SDLC
- Knowledge of DevOps and automation processes and tooling is desirable
- Experience in fast pace delivery environments with competing priorities
- Previous retail would be preferable but is not a necessity
- Familiarity with Infrastructure configuration such as firewalls and connection protocols, as well as Knowledge of Private/Public SSH configuration.
- Understanding of data refresh and data obfuscation.
- ITIL qualified, specifically with a good appreciation of Service Transition
- Strong process knowledge of Software development Life Cycles, including Agile
- Proven track record of delivering software products in complex environments with multiple external delivery teams
- The successful candidate may have a background of technical project management or senior software delivery management from either a corporate or a supplier of software services
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development