Quality Engineer - Customer and Sell
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
We are in search of an experienced “Quality Engineer “to join our expanding team and work on cutting edge web projects. Testing is an integral part of our delivery process and you will be driving evolution of the practice of Continuous Testing within our Quality Engineering teams.
QE’s are expected to have a strong Retail and Quality Engineering background, with significant exposure to defining and implementing best practice around QA in a Shift Left environment.
QE’s will be part of one of the agile delivery Squads with one or more QE working across geography (UK) and 3rd Party locations. They are expected to be working in a highly collaborative agile (Squad) team alongside members of the squad. Expected to drive /facilitate diverse range of technical and non-technical conversation with various stakeholders including 3rd parties in the squads which will require excellent communication skills.
Above all should be a self-starter, be prepared to implement and drive good Shift Left QA working practices within the squad, have strong interpersonal skills, be energetic, disciplined, and keen to contribute to a fun, learning environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- The QE will work with the delivery team participating in all estimation and planning sessions, defining test approach and creating acceptance test criteria.
- Bring value to requirements engineering (such as three-amigos conversations) to prevent quality issues arising from vague, inconsistent, or untestable requirements
- Working with Product Managers and Engineers to identify and create in sprint Manual and Automated Test cases (Unit/Functional/Integration/UI)
- Ability to pair with developers, read code, to provide informed comment on unit tests and their relationship to identified risks and prevent defects early in the lifecycle.
- Ability to drive and embed Quality culture within the squad driving Chapter quality principles and encourage teams to contribute to continuous testing, CI / CD pipeline etc.
- Strong experience of working in Agile delivery teams using Scrum or Kanban as well as XP engineering techniques.
- Experience of API & Microservices testing.
- Solid understanding of the Testing Pyramid and its implementation in a Shift Left team.
- Have strong Exploratory context driven testing skills, including experience of exploratory test tools and session-based management techniques
- Ability to provide manual and automated test assurance to ensure projects are complying with the Engineering approach including early Non functional test
- Display strong working experience in the area e-commerce utilising both exploratory and automated test techniques
- Have a deep understanding of the latest thinking around usability testing, and Quality Engineering principles .
- Experience of cross browser testing, using tools such as BrowserStack
- Able to work unsupervised, prioritising their own time and activities
Automated testing of Web-based and Mobile applications appropriate for Microservice architectures, must have Hands-on experience including setup and configuration
- Selenium, CodeceptJS/Cypress
- RestAssured / PostMan
- GitHub , Jenkins
- IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Jira / Confluence
- Zephyr/TestRail or similar
Nice to have
- Contract testing - specifically using Pact.io,
- Test Mocking services e.g., MSW, Stubby etc
- Accessibility testing (Axe or similar)
- Early performance testing (Jmeter or similar)
- Visual/Layout testing (Percy or similar)
- Websphere Commerce
- Awazon Web Services
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.