Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As a valued member of our Quality Engineering Team, you will take ownership of QMO processes and procedure for the function. The role reports to the Principal Quality Architect, who leads the function. The QMO lead will be Integral to delivering a refined operational and governance process for Test function which includes Resource Planning, onboarding , 3rd Party Contract, Work order and Invoice management; maintaining risks, issues, assumptions, actions logs; and programme reporting.
This role requires a candidate with strong Quality assurance acumen along with experience in Project Management process & governance. Knowledge of a broad set of industry standard Test Management & PMO tools to rapidly add value to our function which is going through a fast-paced transformation.
We require someone who is experienced in a Test PMO Analyst /Lead type of role along with good background to Quality Assurance and Testing process.
As a QMO Lead you will:
Design and implement new Test PMO processes and procedures to enable seamless management of all administrative and operational activities for the QE function .
Support the QE function to effectively resource for delivery teams by supporting their onboarding, induction process and provide a view of real-time resource availability
Provide support to Principal Quality Architect to track, monitor and manage all Supplier work order and invoices for the function coordinating with Project mangers, Procurement, Finance etc
Define and establish a centralised document management standards, encouraging adoption and help maintaining document library with Key templates, artefacts and Test assets.
Conduct audits and health checks on Quality documentation under the direction of Principal Quality Architect. Improve and streamline adoption of established standards
Coordinate the regular reporting cycles within the QE delivery team and ensure production of QE reports and materials, in line with the established standards
Create and own the QE dashboard, Streamline metrics and reporting process to the needs of our key stakeholders. Support and coordinate with internal teams to consolidate Metrics, KPI and SLA across delivery
• Should have progressing skills in Risk Management & Reporting. Ensure that test delivery reports for projects/squad and information are consistent (e.g., risk information ties up with task dates, etc.)
• Assist the internal team with running project reviews, including in-flight reviews, post-project reviews or retrospectives or lessons learnt as applicable
• Prepare regular communication and reporting on the QE Function initiatives and community events to QE and Tech Leadership
• Support QE Principal QA in the planning, and coordination activities for community forums to help drive a culture of continual process improvement, including administrative support like meeting and travel arrangements , coordination of capturing meeting minutes and circulating action points
The Ideal Candidate
• Highly experienced and knowledgeable on the Test PMO function. Proven experience in a similar role (could include PMO or TMO), including demand, resource planning and risk management
• Previous experience of managing vendors and 3rd party suppliers work order and contract performance management
• Excellent documentation skills; ability to create high quality steering committee materials
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
• Ability to produce coherent plans and materials at pace and based on complex and unstructured information.
• Experience with RAID development and management.
• Knowledge of Project Management and PMO Policies, Processes & Procedures, methodologies and toolsets.
• Proven experience of defining metrics and reporting dashboards for QMO/PMO
• Strong computer literacy, including advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite of projects, and a willingness and skill to learn new tools quickly
• Experience with industry standards and Best practices on TMO, along with good knowledge on PMO reporting & Test Management tools (i.e., JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr, SharePoint and reporting tools)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working as part of a team with both internal and external stakeholders. Able to influence and challenge vendors, towards effective financial and planning management.
• A motivated self-starter, enthusiastic, resilient, personally effective, pro-active with a flexible “can do” attitude to ensure that quality outcomes are delivered consistently.
• Strong attention to detail in supporting management reporting with clear and concise data analysis and presentation
• Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurship spirit to get things done, result oriented and driven to succeed
• Demonstrate a flexible adaptable approach to change
• Able to communicate at all levels to develop good working relationships
• Willing to learn and utilise your skills to provide a high level of service.
• A strong and enduring desire to further your own personal development through learning and certifications
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.