Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get technical and use your knowledge of the business to take Search & Browse to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a QA you will be joining a talented team that have a strong focus on the customer experience.
You will get a chance to apply your knowledge and skills in shaping the rebuild of the company website. Working in an Agile environment that will enable the project to provide extraordinary experiences for our customers.
You will have a strong Quality Assurance background and exposure to defining, implementing and executing best practice around QA in a Shift Left environment.
You will be comfortable discussing the Testing Pyramid with Developers, QAs and Product teams and be able to guide the strategy in the tools and techniques that should be applied at the various testing levels (unit, integration etc).
You will work with the delivery team participating in estimation and planning sessions, defining and creating acceptance test criteria and helping to define the Definition of Ready & Done from a team perspective.
You will have a keen interest in all aspects of Quality Assurance and will be able to demonstrate this through attendance of conferences, courses and following test blogs and forums and be confident in advising on best testing practices.
Above all the candidate should be a self-starter, be prepared to implement good Shift Left QA working practices on a team, have strong interpersonal skills, be energetic, disciplined and keen to contribute to a fun, learning environment.
As a QA you will:
- Ensure Stories meet the Definition of Ready – working with the PO and Devs to ensure tickets are fully formed and have clear, testable Acceptance Criteria.
- Be responsible for In Sprint technical Story testing – using various tools and techniques to ensure code meets the Acceptance Criteria and can be merged to Master
- Work alongside the Customer Experience Engineering team, help define and implement the Shift Left QA approach.
- Work with the Engineering Team to document and implement the QA Strategy.
- Ensure tickets meet the Definition of Done – for example, review Merge Requests and ensure automated tests have been written
- Work with developers to identify automation test cases (Unit/Integration/UI) and help implement them, where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Considerable experience working in technology as a QA or Developer alongside considerable experience in technical testing (building local environments / reviewing developer code)
- Strong experience of api testing using SOAPUI, Postman etc.
- Strong experience of working on delivery teams using Scrum or Kanban as well as XP engineering techniques
- Solid understanding of the Testing Pyramid and its implementation in a Shift Left environment
- Have strong exploratory context driven testing skills, including experience of exploratory test tools and session-based management techniques
- Ability to provide manual and automated test assurance to ensure projects are complying with the Engineering approach
- Experience of cross browser testing, using tools such as Sauce labs or BrowserStack
- Able to work unsupervised, prioritising their own time and activities
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services, Adobe Experience Manager, Microservices, E-commerce, React and Java
About the Company