Property Project Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Project Management to take our Property Services Team at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a Property Project Manager, you will ensure the effective project management of allocated new build, refurbishment and construction projects through design, development and implementation stages to the requisite time, cost and quality parameters in keeping with Selfridges aspirations and standards.
This is a critical role in developing the Selfridges brand and environment in that it assists the Senior Project Manager in delivering the churn and strategic masterplan projects across all stores. The role will encompass the interface between the Selfridges Steering Group, the project team and major stakeholders across the business ensuring that planning and communication is coordinated across all groups. Understanding the complexities of delivering construction projects in a working retail environment, particularly in luxury Department Stores, with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels is a prerequisite for the role.
The role liaises with people from all areas and levels of the business as well as external teams of contractors, consultants and suppliers. Stakeholder management and communication are key. This role will also involve coordinating and managing all aspects of a project including day to day project, programme, budget and administration tasks. As a Property Project Manager, you will:
- Assist in the production of clear briefs, programmes, phasing and cost plans for all projects
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders throughout project lifecycle
- Attend and chair all design team and site progress meetings
- Attend brand / concession briefings and act as contact for all internal / external parties
- Assist in producing scopes for external consultants and compiling formal appointments
- Support procurement and tender process and compilation of contractual arrangements for contractors
- Effectively manage costs through the application of formal financial controls
- Consistently challenge, manage and benchmark costs
- Monitor and review programme
- Ensure projects meet or exceed defined quality standards
- Ensure project compliance with requirements of legislation and/or external authorities
- Ensure internal design approvals and financial sanctions are obtained at appropriate stages
- Report project progress and any issues with solution options back to the Senior Project Manager
- Assist in the effective management of team resources
- Ensure effective management of project documentation for future retrieval
- Produce snagging documents
- Preparation of presentation documentation
- Manage a team of internal and /or external consultants and suppliers
- Monitor delivery of the team’s roles and responsibilities
- Monitor and challenge the performance of the project team
- Manage change and resolve potential conflict
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Manager and Consultant team procure the design of projects using the most effective means
- Monitor design progress with key milestones
- Ensure formal design sign-off at key points in all projects
- Encourage design innovation, sustainability and creativity
- Execute a communication plan for all projects
- Communicate regularly and effectively both internally and externally
- Present confidently and effectively at board and store level
- Seek feedback and respond constructively to criticism
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and external parties
- Effectively manage written and oral communication
- Maintain records
- Keep up to date with and manage information technology systems
- Develop and follow internal audit procedures for the management of projects
Maintain the security, health and safety of the working environment
- Assist with the minimisation of risks to health and safety on all projects
- Assist with the Implementation CDM Regulations all projects
Business Goals and Brand Values
- Encourage and promote an understanding of the Selfridges brand
- Promote Selfridges business goals in relation to project activities
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced project management skills
- Experience of managing multiple medium/large sized retail fitout and construction projects in a fast paced working retail environment
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels and areas of the business and with external parties
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Great empathy with brand development
- Ability to coordinate and motivate virtual teams
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development