Print Production Manager - FTC
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
The purpose of the role is to manage the production process of printed in-store graphics across all Selfridges’ stores from design through to delivery or installation, to given budgets and timelines, while adhering to the Selfridges strategy, brand values and business objectives. A focus is fostering cross-departmental relationships and act as an ambassador for the team, internally across the business and externally across suppliers and creatives. The role is essential in continuing to build Selfridges creative reputation through innovative, exceptional quality and highly creative print solutions.
Key focus areas are day-to-day and project-based Print Production, budget, suppliers, sustainability, and people.
Day-To-Day and Project based Print Production
- Manage the production process of printed in-store graphics from design through to delivery or installation, to given budgets and timelines, while adhering to the Selfridges strategy, brand values and business objectives.
- Liaise with the MMC Traffic Manager and MMC Design Team on incoming briefs to set timelines, budgets as well as specifications, print techniques, materials, and colours.
- Create and ensure ‘best print buying policies’ are in place and being adhered to.
- Feedback to the wider business or stakeholder, managing expectations while being held accountable that all production timelines and budgets are met.
- Create all project timelines for creative schemes and calendar events, keeping up to date with business decisions and feed back to internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise and work closely with the MMC Design Team on setting print specifications and processes, materials, and colours. Find creative solutions to meet the Designers’ brief and expectations.
- Check all artwork prior to sending through to suppliers for production. Check return artwork proofs from suppliers (printed and digital).
- Manage the testing process for graphics; visit suppliers and approve printed samples on press or review larger 3D builds.
- Coordinate deliveries of materials and printed items.
- Oversee overnight installs, manage teams on site, and ensure all creative work is delivered to the business’ creative standard and expectation. Troubleshoot and ensure stakeholders are aware of any issues post install.
- Organise and oversee photography to document in-store graphics after launch.
- Create a culture of taking learnings from past projects – be instrumental in ensuring wash ups happen on a regular basis and communicate the take outs with the wider business.
- Work closely with other production team members across the business ensuring an aligned creative output – within Visual Projects, Windows, Creative Presentation – and play a key part in larger projects and spaces such as The Corner Shop, The Art Block, and other activations.
- Work with Senior Management to set out annual budget.
- Manage the Multimedia Creative budget tracker and update the relevant business partners within Finance should there be any risks to costs.
- Review budget and tracker monthly with the Finance team.
- Gather competitive quotes for all print work, challenge suppliers to deliver the best quality print work at the best possible price.
- Negotiate costing with suppliers and manage expectations with key internal stakeholders.
- Manage the purchase order process, ensuring all suppliers receive a purchase order in line with budgets, either before or promptly after print work commences.
- Create and maintain project matrixes to ensure all collateral is delivered to given budgets.
- Maintain a fair and robust roster of print suppliers. Ensure they are aligned with Selfridges’ ‘Buying Better’ pillar and are the most sustainable in their field.
- Set and roll out KPI’s for all suppliers. Work closely with procurement to ensure all our suppliers meet procurement’s business KPI’s.
- Gather competitive quotes for all print work, challenging suppliers to deliver the best quality print work at the best possible price.
- Annually review all suppliers to ensure they are meeting Selfridges’ standards.
- Source innovative and leading materials that meet the Selfridges’ sustainability strategy.
- Always look for a more sustainable solution to existing collateral.
- Work closely with other creative teams to share knowledge, sustainable suppliers, and resources.
- Liaise with other teams to re-use and re-purpose collateral.
- Challenge the MMC Design team to meet the Selfridges 7 R’s (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Refill, Repair, Resell, Rent, Reinvent).
- Manage the Production Coordinator on a day-to-day basis.
- Work alongside the MMC Senior Management to create a positive working environment where team members feel supported, encouraged, and have their physical and mental well-being looked after.
- Work with the MMC Senior Management on helping celebrating success.
- Participate in training programmes so all team members are up to date with industry standards – ISO’s, print and paper innovations, and more. Help lead and inspire junior team members by sharing knowledge.
- Build relationships and gain knowledge through a chosen mentor from the same or a different industry.
- Foster cross-departmental relationships and act as an ambassador for the team, internally across the business and externally across suppliers and creatives.
- Attend weekly floor walks and online churn meetings with team members across the business, such as Buying & Merchandising, Creative Presentation and Property.
- Staying up to date with competitors’ work through market research and regular visits to competitor stores. Gathering material and creative inspiration by visiting exhibitions and galleries.
The Ideal Candidate
- Organised and efficient.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Clear understanding of the Selfridges brand.
- Team player.
- Energy and drive.
- Strong ‘eye for detail’.
- Manage heavy workload, multi-tasking, juggling numerous projects at any one time.
- Calm within busy environment
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.