Product Owner – Digital Analytics & Attribution
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to work in our ever growing Digital team? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
The Product owner is an exciting position and it is vital to understand the vision of a product from the point of view of customer, end user or stakeholders.
Reporting into the Product Lead and working closely with the wider business and the tech team you will be creating and elaborating comprehensible user stories which can be effectively prioritized, estimated and developed.
As part of this, you will:
- Create and maintain the Product backlog, ensuring there is always enough well defined and prioritised stories for development
- Write user stories working with the business and tech teams to ensure the correct requirements and detail is captured.
- Understand how reporting, analytics and insights differ, able to triage requests and challenge stakeholders on their requirements
- Work with the tech teams to ensure wider dependencies and implications for changes are understood, building a clear understanding of our technical architecture.
- Ensure all features in the backlog are prioritised before starting a sprint giving the team and stakeholders a clear understanding of the MVP.
- Maintain the 3-year Product Roadmap for Analytics, Digital Attribution and Data Layer. Taking input from the Performance Marketing and Digital Analytics teams.
- Clearly communicate the Business Requirements to the team.
- Helping the Scrum Master organize Sprint Review Meetings and attend Sprint Planning meetings.
- Build and maintain relationships with your key stakeholders.
- Work closely with Digital Analytics to make sure that all user feedback and analysis are incorporated within the user experience of the site
- Ensure the continuity of design and user experience across the entire product
- Look out for market trends and get feedback from stakeholders or customers.
- Build subject matter expertise on digital media attribution, analytics and data, shaping the business’ thinking on how topics such as Cookie consents, browser changes and app measurement
The Ideal Candidate
- Project/product development experience, a thorough understanding of the complete product life-cycle
- Confident working in an agile environment
- Understanding of digital media measurement
- Understanding of site and app analytics
- Understanding of data layers and tag management systems
- Highly organised, motivated and able to work well as part of a close team
- Articulate and confident communicator across all business levels
- Experience in writing clear and succinct user stories
- Confident in adjusting scope to meet business deadlines
- A technical knowledge of web applications would be desirable but not essential
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to tight deadlines.
- A passion for problem solving and creative thinking
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join an ever growing team who are shaping the future of the business.
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work