Product Operations Manager
The Product Operations team provides a resolution pathway for enquiries relating to a broad range of systems, tools and processes across the Selfridges business.
As the Digital Operations Manager, you will manage a team of Product Support Analysts, defining ways of working and OKRs, and continually driving improvements and efficiencies across the Product Operations team, formulating strategy as required and keeping this under review to ensure that it meets business goals.
You will work with senior stakeholders from across the Selfridges business to ensure that users of systems and tools can effectively escalate enquiries, managing a team that works cross-functionally, liaising with super users and subject matter experts to provide root cause analyses and build the knowledge base of teams and identify development requirements for product domains.
As a Digital Operations Manager you will:
- Manage a team of Product Support Analysts in effectively triaging, refining and prioritising a range of inbound enquiries from end users, identifying solutions, fixes and training opportunities
- Embed ways of working that ensure the team functions effectively to meet the needs of the business, developing the skillset of the team and constantly improving efficiency
- Accountable for the clarity of problem statements, root cause analyses and acceptance criteria outputs generated by the Product Operations team, ensuring that details and requirements are clear for both end users and technical teams
- Upskill a team in understanding of a wide range of systems and tools to effectively handle enquiries, and develop your own understanding of the same
- Ensure that the team works effectively with end users, subject matter experts and super users to support in the building and maintenance of an effective knowledge base for the wider Selfridges business and the Product Operations team
- Develop and iterate processes to identify development requirements and route them to appropriate product domain backlogs, proactively communicating business impact to influence the priority within the various roadmaps of the Product Management teams
- Ensure proactive maintenance the enquiry backlog, defining consistent processes for managing the inbound queue and categorising resolved enquiries in support of an effective feedback loop
- Communicate with key senior stakeholders and the broader Selfridges business in relation to the functioning and continued development of the Product Operations team
- Support an out of hours rota for priority escalations
- Work with the wider Product Operations team to continually enhance efficiency and ways of working
- Be aware of business change, ensuring that the Product Operations team are always aware of releases and development taking place across product domains
- Formulating the strategy when needed and reviewing the strategy to ensure it meets the business goals.
The Ideal Candidate
- An understanding of systems architecture – how various systems and data flows function in support of an e-commerce platform, including content management systems, merchandising tools, product enrichment, order flows, warehouse management systems, APIs, POS software, middleware and databases
- Proven ability to define and iterate process and ways of working for your team, ensuring that OKRs are defined, measurable and delivered
- Broad knowledge of e-commerce and physical retail technology and practices
- Able to deal with ambiguity and quickly understand, absorb and communicate technical concepts
- An understanding of how to translate problems and queries into language that is useful to both business and technical colleagues
- Experience in writing clear and succinct root cause analyses and problem statements
- Working knowledge of JIRA or similar software
- Highly organised, motivated and able to work well as part of a close team
- Articulate and confident communicator across all business levels, with an ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Inquisitive nature with a passion for problem solving and creative thinking
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development