Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your digital experience? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
We are looking for a Product Manager to work within the Customer Experience team of our E-Commerce platform. The Product Manager is a demanding position, whereby you will need a key understanding of the vision of a product from the point of view of customer, end user or stakeholders.
Reporting into the Product Lead and working closely with the business, and the tech team you will be responsible for creating and elaborating comprehensible user stories which can be effectively prioritized, estimated and developed.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Help create and maintain the Product backlog, ensuring there is always enough well defined and prioritised stories for development
- Write user stories working with the business and tech teams to ensure the correct requirements and detail is captured.
- Work with the tech teams to ensure wider dependencies and implications for changes are understood, building a clear understanding of our technical architecture.
- Ensure all features in the backlog are prioritised before starting a sprint giving the team and stakeholders a clear understanding of the MVP.
- Clearly communicate the Business Requirements to the team.
- Be the ‘go to’ person within your squad for all queries and questions about your product
- Helping the Scrum Master organize Sprint Review Meetings and attend Sprint Planning meetings.
- Build and maintain relationships with your key stakeholders.
- Work closely with Digital Analytics to make sure that all user feedback and analysis are incorporated within the user experience of the site
- Ensure the continuity of design and user experience across the entire product
- Look out for market trends and get feedback from stakeholders or customers
The Ideal Candidate
- Project/product development experience, a thorough understanding of the complete product life-cycle
- Confident working in an agile environment
- Highly organised, motivated and able to work well as part of a close team
- Articulate and confident communicator across all business levels
- Experience in writing clear and succinct user stories
- Confident in adjusting scope to meet business deadlines
- A technical knowledge of web applications would be desirable but not essential
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to tight deadlines.
- A passion for problem solving and creative thinking
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development