Are you looking for a role in digital with responsibility for delivering best in class digital experiences? Looking for a career that wants to help further your career in digital, as well as providing you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is 'yes' then you're just the kind of person we're looking for!
The Product Manager (Digital) will be responsible for owning and delivering a roadmap which delivers business value and best in class digital experiences. They will be responsible for managing a backlog of work and ensuring the most valuable items make it to the development pipeline. Reporting to the Product Lead, the Product Manager will act as the link between the vision and the implementation for digital products and CX, ensuring solutions to customer and business problems are feasible, usable and valuable.
The Product Manager will work with senior, cross-functional stakeholders, as well as the Executive Team to keep the overarching vision relevant and to define the strategic objectives for a product tribe, using their understanding of the market and our competitors. The Product Manager will build close, collaborative working relationships with business, design, UX and technology teams and will know how to own and communicate that vision throughout the organisation.
The Product Manager will be comfortable leading teams to deliver, through influence and in a heavily matrixed organisation, with a passion for digital commerce, tech innovation and world class customer experience.
- You put the customer at the heart of everything, prioritising effectively using data and insights to drive decisions
- You are fluent or comfortable working within a Lean and Agile delivery mindset and methodology, able to influence others to adopt new ways of working.
- You are a natural collaborator, a champion for simplicity and not afraid to fail fast to learn how best to deliver an amazing customer solution
- You will manage a product backlog including defining user stories, acceptance criteria, with a focus on effective prioritisation.
- You will help define the roadmap for your tribe and squad, focusing on outcomes, ensuring your technology team is focused on the highest priorities.
- You will drive collaboration with technology, UX, business leads and creative teams to deliver market-leading digital experiences.
- You will be the voice of the customer within the development team and articulate product expectations.
- You will provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- You will gather and interpret KPIs and customer feedback to provide input to features and the roadmap.
- You will carry out competitor and market analysis to help inform the backlog.
- You are comfortable experimenting to learn with some experience taking part in rapid prototyping or design sprints
The Ideal Candidate
Skills & Experience
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing products through their lifecycle from idea to delivery
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to tight deadlines.
- A passion for problem solving and creative thinking
- Experience in Product Management within an eCommerce environment preferable
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work