Product Lead - Service Design and Experience
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of the business to take Digital to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
The Product Lead (Service Design and E2E experience) will be responsible for owning and delivering a roadmap which delivers business value and best in class E2E digital experiences. They will be responsible for managing a backlog of work and ensuring the most valuable items make it to the development pipeline. Reporting to the Head of Digital Product, the Product Lead will act as the link between the vision and the implementation for digital products and CX, ensuring solutions to customer and business problems are feasible, usable and valuable.
The Product Lead will work with senior, cross-functional stakeholders, as well as the Executive Team to keep the overarching vision relevant and to define the strategic objectives for a product tribe, using their understanding of the market and our competitors. The Product Lead will build close, collaborative working relationships with business, design, UX and technology teams and will know how to own and communicate that vision throughout the organisation.
The Product Lead will be comfortable leading teams to deliver, through influence and in a heavily matrixed organisation.
As part of this, you will:
- Put the customer at the heart of everything, prioritising effectively using data and insights to drive decisions
- Be fluent or comfortable working within a Lean and Agile delivery mindset and methodology, able to influence others to adopt new ways of working.
- Be a natural collaborator, a champion for simplicity and not afraid to fail fast to learn how best to deliver an amazing customer solution
- Manage a product backlog including defining user stories, acceptance criteria, with a focus on effective prioritisation.
- Help define the roadmap for your tribe and squad, focusing on outcomes, ensuring your technology team is focused on the highest priorities.
- Drive collaboration with technology, UX, business leads and creative teams to deliver market-leading digital experiences.
- Be the voice of the customer within the development team and articulate product expectations.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Gather and interpret KPIs and customer feedback to provide input to features and the road map.
- Carry out competitor and market analysis to help inform the backlog.
- Be comfortable experimenting to learn with some experience taking part in rapid prototyping or design sprints
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong leader and team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in managing products through their life-cycle from idea to delivery
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to tight deadlines.
- Passionate for problem solving and creative thinking
- Experienced in Product Management within an eCommerce environment preferable
- Knowledgeable, Experience of Service Design preferable
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking Digital to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development