Selfridges Procurement Managers are professionals with a proven track record of delivery across a number of categories.
The Procurement Manager will develop sound commercial solutions which support stakeholders objectives.
Whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders the Procurement Manager will deliver, record, and report solutions with real/demonstrable cost savings, enhanced service, and mitigated risk to meet the requirements of the business and deliver against value targets.
The Procurement manager will be required to review contracts and negotiate best value outcomes for Selfridges.
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager the Procurement Manager will develop, draft, and deliver RFx’s, Benchmarking, and formal Supplier Relationship/performance management activities as required.
- The Procurement Manager will build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
- Working in an agile manner the Procurement Manager will support the Design, Develop and implement the Procurement strategy for the required area to meet the requirements of the business, this must align with the overall procurement and business targets.
- Any Procurement projects should aim to be completed in a timely manner through optimising meetings, timely exchange of information, holding both supplier and Selfridges accountable for completion of actions.
- Support the creation and delivery of Procurement strategies and targets.
- Participate in the review and streamlining of procurement processes. When processes are changed, support in embedding the new reviewed process in the business with your stakeholders.
- Responsible for engagement with required Selfridges functions for projects to ensure that contracts have suitable cover and protection, meet the requirements of the business and are set up to deliver expected value
- Identification, implementation and reporting of cost-saving, revenue growth and waste-reduction opportunities, including managing demand to identify cost actions.
- Carry out negotiations and implement appropriate tactics to achieve a favourable outcome
- Commission, execute and deliver, procurement projects to agreed timelines and objectives
- Ensure stakeholders are conducting regular supplier reviews of key contracts, participating where necessary to ensure robust structures and methods are embedded. In addition, where a key supplier is under performing support the stakeholder in a review to look at a corrective action plan to improve performance
- To provide procurement project advice for Selfridges as may be required
- Ensure contracts are reviewed by Procurement in the first instance in line with current contract guidelines before handing over to legal if required for review and completion in conjunction with the legal team.
- Communication methods should be focussed on allowing for effective discussions and resolution.
- Manage sourcing of suppliers in a fair and consistent manner
- Conduct all transactions with suppliers and internal customers ethically.
- Identify and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in your business focus areas to meet business needs. The stakeholders will be in the area of focus you are allocated
- Agree formal engagement plans for the projects key stakeholders to ensure engagement is maintained
- Ensure that the projects are meeting the timelines and targets agreed with the business
- Provide a single point of contact for customers on projects
- Training and educating customers on the procurement process and policy to increase and maintain adoption
- Support the Head of Procurement and Senior Procurement Managers in managing the workload to deliver against deadlines and targets
- Encourage and motivate team members to 'work as one' on procurement activity, to deliver a seamless service to internal customers
- Encourage adherence of departmental and company procurement procedures and policies
- Effectively manage the relationship with the Finance team on budgets, cost saving, consumption and spend reduction targets/reports
- Constantly look to share knowledge and experience to allow the team to deliver more than the sum of its parts.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record of delivery in Procurement management in retail or a similar fast paced service environment. experience to cover a number aspects of buying goods and services. Any Tech experience will be an advantage.
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strong influencer
- Effective supplier performance manager
- Accomplished negotiator of contracts with program and project management experience
- Excellent negotiator
- Deep understanding of best practice Procurement delivered in an agile way
- Knowledge of Supplier Relationship Management best practice
- Essential deep knowledge of Microsoft MS Excel and other MS Office applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint)
- Able to create and managing complex tender and benchmarking exercises
- Able to create appropriate commercial models to suit requirements
- Experienced in interpretation of contracts and clauses
- In-depth understanding of contracts with particular emphasis on commercial terms
- Tech category experience an advantage
- CIPS an advantage
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Ability to effectively influence and manage internal and external senior leaders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- As a self-starter, you will thrive in a fast paced responsive environment.
- Good communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Customer service skills
- Coaching skills
- Highly team oriented
- Problem solving and an ability to focus on multiple projects
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.