Principal Integration Engineer
Based in our London or Leicester offices you’ll provide a unique and tailored service in IT to customers both internally and externally, going beyond the ordinary to create memorable interactions and deliver. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do and to share their unparalleled level of knowledge whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
You will be the Principal Integration Engineer, designing and implementing the Integration Services that is key for the organisation’s success.
You will be able to craft solutions to continuously evolve the underlying technology of our applications and infrastructure supporting Integration services, as well as improving processes and standards to ensure the continuous delivery of customer value.
As part of the Platform team, you will engage with other tech and product teams to expand the breadth and depth of our technical capabilities, helping us meet the needs of our growing business. You will be managing a team of Product Owners who are experts within their domain.
The role has direct responsibility for the all Integration services for the applications used across the Selfridges estate. Currently we have a suite of Integration Products using XML, Webservices, ETL tools and PL/SQL with plans to move into Cloud technologies, and well as an API management platform.
You will be accountable for:
- Designing and implementing Integration Platforms that addresses the business needs and continuously improves the efficiency for its users.
- Owning solutions within the Integration Practice, aiming to increase operational availability, repeatability & efficiency, while ensuring control, policies and auditing are in place.
- Advancing innovation efforts to enable the evolution and continuous improvement of all integration products and processes.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide technical leadership across the Integration team.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of Integration services across the Selfridges estate.
- Maintain a customer-centric approach while increasing reliability, availability, security, scalability, and supportability of the Integration platforms.
- Define and implement best practices across the Integration platform products and processes.
- Focus on continuous improvement, ensuring best practice is adopted and implemented where required.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational performance and efficiency of the Integration Platform, implementing a plan to deliver improvements as agreed.
- Engage with other cross-functional teams across tech and other areas of the organisation as necessary, to collaborate, support, and gain the knowledge and context that will improve how we deliver customer value for the Integration Platforms.
- Embrace a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the Integration Practice, adopting fast prototyping techniques and continuous exploration of new ideas.
- Ownership & Management of engagement with 3rd parties to help deliver Integration services.
- Provision of 3rd level support ensuring SLA’s / KPI’s are met and improved on.
- Create an environment that truly drives high performance through effective performance management and development planning.
- Assisting in defining and maintaining business continuity plans for Integration Platforms.
- Ensuring effective disaster recovery plans are defined and maintained and assisting with risk registers so that they are regularly reviewed and updated.
The Ideal Candidate
As a Principal Integration Engineer, you will be accountable for all aspects of the department, by managing and leading your team confidently to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. Underpinning this is the ability to promote the company values, to lead the team to live them and exceed individual and departmental indicators
This is a thrilling opportunity and when you consider all of the exciting new projects, we have coming up this year, this role will take you on a journey.
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent or have 3 years relevant hands on IT experience with specialist skills in integration products either from a functional or technical perspective
- Experience of working in a fast paced and creative retail environment will be preferrable
- Certifications in Cloud technologies will be an advantage
- Good understanding of Integration Products using XML, Webservices, ETL tools, PL/SQL.
- Technical Project delivery experience
- Experience in Vendor / Supplier Management
- ITIL / PRINCE2 qualified
- Experience of Oracle products like SOA, ODI, MFT would certainly be desirable
- Experience of TIBCO Mashery would certainly be desirable
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales, with a focus on resolution of support issues in a timely manner
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development