Press Office Assistant
As part of the team responsible for our PR, you'll make sure that our products are always well represented in the right publications and digital platforms.
Working within our PR team, you’ll help to ensure our Press Office runs smoothly. This is a highly administrative role that involves everything from answering general press queries to managing samples send outs. You’ll facilitate stock loans sample requests and liaise with editors and stylists on a daily basis - all with the overall aim of gaining maximum coverage for our Fashion & Beauty departments. Alongside this, you will be on hand to support and contribute at press events, and you’ll be able to build strong relationships with floor staff and managers in all areas of the business.
With some experience in Fashion or Beauty PR (either employed or as a work placement), you’ll have a strong understanding of our business and will thrive in a busy and often hectic environment. You’ll be extremely organised with great time management and you’ll have a fantastic way with people. Above all however you’ll have a genuine passion for, and strong interest in, all things fashion and beauty. Alongside this, you will
- Assist the in-house team with all day-to-day press activity and admin, working across fashion and beauty categories
- Support PR Co-ordinator with product sample call ins and images requests
- Support PR Co-ordinator with stock returns to retail teams
- Support PR Co-ordinator with in-store Editor and Stylist appointments
- Monitor Selfridges Fashion & Beauty press coverage and generate coverage reports
- Provide support to the Press team on events including seasonal press days; brand activations and launches
- Manage press Database management
The Ideal Candidate
- Solid work experience in the fashion or beauty industry
- Ambitious, hardworking and an impeccable work ethic
- Exceptional organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Able to multitask and take direction from all team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development