Personal Shopping Consultant (Part-Time)
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of the business to take Retail Customer Service to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Retail as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a Personal Shopping Consultant, you will do more than just offer a luxury shopping experience. Our Personal Shopping team provide a bespoke service to customers from all over the world. Our products are exceptional, and so is the service that accompanies them. As a member of the front of house team, and a subject matter expert of all things Selfridges, you will provide the first opportunity to deliver the best service to clients visiting the department.
As a Personal Shopping Consultant, you will:
- Positively interact with potential and existing clients. Answering queries and providing guidance on our services, enabling customers to choose the most suitable option for them, whether that’s Personal Shopping, Elfridges or a Stylist appointment.
- Continue to deliver our unique service by maintaining customer care. Responding to client enquiries, booking and following up on deliveries and client alterations to name a few.
- Responsible for prepping the client rooms, you will maintain housekeeping standards, from returning stock from previous consultations and laying out product options for the next client, to having refreshments ready for their arrival.
- Work confidently and collaboratively with various departments, from the wider personal shopping team, various departments and divisions, to Fashion Workroom, you strive to deliver exceptional service and standards.
- Stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your product knowledge, and being aware of competitor activity
The Ideal Candidate
A bit about you
How you’ll do it… you will be:
- Collaborative. Supporting the wider Personal Shopping team, you will help to deliver exceptional service to our customers seeking a unique experience.
- A proud shopkeeper. You understand there are various elements of your role. From maintaining a clean and tidy environment, helping with cashing up and supporting the wider team when needed, you will be flexible in your role.
- Detail orientated. You notice even the smallest details to ensure an excellent experience and luxury environment for our customers.
- Well informed. You are aware of store events services that may appeal to the Personal Shopping clients.
- A great communicator. You will adapt your style and service to suit customer needs and preference. Genuinely connecting with your customers while guiding them on the services and support that best suit their needs.
- Known to be a sales and service expert.
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development