Personal Shopping Consultant (Manchester) - Future opportunities
As a Personal Shopper, you will:
- Positively interact with potential and existing clients. Answering queries and providing guidance on our services, enabling customers to choose the most suitable option for them, whether that’s Personal Shopping, Elfridges or a Stylist appointment.
- Continue to deliver our unique service by maintaining customer care. Responding to client enquiries, booking and following up on deliveries and client alterations to name a few.
- Responsible for prepping the client rooms, you will maintain housekeeping standards, from returning stock from previous consultations and laying out product options for the next client, to having refreshments ready for their arrival.
- Work confidently and collaboratively with various departments, from the wider personal shopping team, various departments and divisions, to Fashion Workroom, you strive to deliver exceptional service and standards.
- Stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your product knowledge, and being aware of competitor activity
The Ideal Candidate
- Collaborative. Supporting the wider Personal Shopping team, you will help to deliver exceptional service to our customers seeking a unique experience.
- A proud shopkeeper. You understand there are various elements of your role. From maintaining a clean and tidy environment, helping with cashing up and supporting the wider team when needed, you will be flexible in your role.
- Detail orientated. You notice even the smallest details to ensure an excellent experience and luxury environment for our customers.
- Well informed. You are aware of store events services that may appeal to the Personal Shopping clients.
- A great communicator. You will adapt your style and service to suit customer needs and preference. Genuinely connecting with your customers while guiding them on the services and support that best suit their needs.
- Known to be a sales and service expert.
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
- Must have a well established Client book
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.