Personal Shopping Assistant
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of the business to take Personal Shopping to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Retail as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a Personal Shopping Assistant, you will do more than just offer a luxury shopping experience. Our Personal Shopping team provide a bespoke service to customers from all over the world. Our products are exceptional, and so is the service that accompanies them. As a member of the front of house team, and a subject matter expert of all things Selfridges, you will provide the first opportunity to deliver the best service to clients visiting the department and supporting the Personal Shopper associates with admin assistance.
As a Personal Shopping Assistant, you will:
- You will be expected through living our Selfridges Values to deliver extraordinary customer experiences with the aim to overachieve sales plans
- Build and manage relationships with our clients ensuring to get the best from everyone you deal with
- Support the Personal Shopper along with the rest of the team, assuring smooth preparation, administration, and aftercare of our client appointments whether physical, virtual, or remote
- Assist with appointments from set up to clearing away
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, communication skills, flexibility, brand knowledge and passion for luxury products and service
- Process orders, pre-orders and reservations of product where required
- Use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your product knowledge and ability to support the shoppers in creating a memorable experience for all our clients
- Have a high calibre of personal flair and style and you will have a genuine passion for service inside and out with a natural interest to discover and explore more about the brands we work with in store
- Have great attention to detail, be agile, a quick thinker and versatile in order to deal with clients from all walks of life as well as build strong working relationships with different stakeholders and brand partners
- Support the Personal Shopper to manage all customer correspondence, whether it be through social channels, messaging or calls and ensure all customer requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Experience in designing and creating Instagram content that delights and educated the follower
The Ideal Candidate
How you’ll do it… you will be:
- Collaborative. Supporting the wider Personal Shopping team, you will help to deliver exceptional service to our customers seeking a unique experience
- A proud shopkeeper. You understand there are various elements of your role. From maintaining a clean and tidy environment, helping with cashing up and supporting the wider team when needed, you will be flexible in your role
- A self-starter. Motivated, driven and self-sufficient in everything you do
- Detail orientated. You notice even the smallest details to ensure an excellent experience and luxury environment for our customers
- Extremely organized. You will be a strong multi-tasker with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Well informed. You are aware of store events services that may appeal to the Personal Shopping clients
- An excellent time-keeper. Manage your own time along with others to ensure smooth running and efficiency of the Personal Shopping department
- A great communicator. You will adapt your style and service to suit customer needs and preference. Genuinely connecting with your customers while guiding them on the services and support that best suit their needs
- Known to be a sales and service expert alongside being a well written and polished communicator via email
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development