Are you looking for a Payroll Specialist role that gives you the chance to work for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
The Leicester Head Office Finance team structure includes 4 key areas of responsibility, namely Financial Accounting, Treasury, Payroll & HR Admin and Accounts Processing, all reporting to the Financial Controller.
The role of the Payroll Specialist is to work as part of a wider team who are responsible for ensuring our team members are paid accurately and on time, while also providing an excellent payroll service to the business.
Responsibility to provide support across all areas of payroll from start to finish, and to be a point of contact for any payroll queries.
Completion of all payroll tasks, in accordance with current legislation tasks, including but not limited to:
- Inputting and checking the calculation of pay for new joiners, amendments to contract, leavers, and statutory documents to cover others in the team when required
- Inputting retrospective time and attendance documents and ensuring pay is correct
- Checking exception reports and resolving pay issues
- Answering queries from employees and/or third parties using own legislation knowledge
- Responding to requests for pay information from employees and/or third parties.
- Ability to calculate manual payslips
- Performing monthly reconciliations of payroll and third party
- Confidently process P45s. P46s, P60s SMP, SPP and answering tax queries following month end and year end procedures
- Processing Bacs payments
- Support small payroll process projects looking into and implementing new ways of working
- Working as additional testing resource to support the implementation of a new Workday payroll system
The Ideal Candidate
- Working towards CIPP would be an advantage but not essential
- End to end Payroll experience
- Technical Skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation
- Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Service focused
- Great team player
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and numerate
- Organised and efficient
About the Company
This job is a brilliant opportunity to surround yourself with a dedicated and experienced team. It doesn’t just stop here either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development