Payroll Assistant, Full Time
Are you looking for a Payroll Assistant role that gives you the chance to work for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Responsible for a section of the payroll. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Inputting and checking the calculation of pay for new joiners
- Amendments to contract, leavers, and statutory documents.
- Inputting certain time and attendance documents and ensuring pay is correct.
- Checking exception reports
- Answering queries from employees and/or third parties using own legislation knowledge.
- Responding to requests for pay information from employees and/or third parties.
- Ability to calculate manual payslips.
The Ideal Candidate
- CIPP or working towards this would be an advantage but not essential
- Payroll experience, ideally in a similar high volume, fast paced payroll environment.
- Knowledge of PSEnterprise or Workday HR and Payroll would be an advantage
- Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Service focused
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Organised and efficient
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development