Payroll Administrator FTC
Are you looking for a Payroll Assistant role, currently working from home, that gives you the chance to work for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Looking for a company that will provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Part of a team responsible for our in-house payroll of 3,000 team members that increases during our peak Christmas period. We are currently working to a hybrid office model of 2 days in the office, once fully trained.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Inputting and checking the calculation of pay for new joiners
- Amendments to contract, leavers, and statutory documents.
- Inputting certain time and attendance documents and ensuring pay is correct.
- Checking exception reports
- Creation of new templates to aid new ways of working
- Answering queries from employees and/or third parties using own legislation knowledge.
- Responding to requests for pay information from employees and/or third parties.
- Ability to calculate manual payslips.
- Running weekly and end of month payroll reports
- Identifying opportunities to deliver process improvements and smarter ways of working
- Producing Ad-Hoc reports as required
- Presenting periodic team meetings
- Interrogation of the time & attendance software, Reflexis
- Dealing with queries through to resolution
- Liaising with HMRC as required
- Payroll reconciliations
- Manual long-term sickness
- Advising employees on PAYE and NIC matters
The Ideal Candidate
- CIPP or working towards this would be an advantage but not essential
- End to End Payroll experience, ideally in a similar high volume, fast paced payroll environment.
- Knowledge of Workday HR, Workday Payroll and Reflexis would be an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Salary sacrifice car and pension schemes would be an advantage
- Payrolling of taxable benefits
- Up to date knowledge of payroll and auto-enrolment legislation
- Advanced Excel skills
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Service focused
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Organised and efficient
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Curious, inquisitive and keen to understand the existing processes and ways of working to drive improvements
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development