PMO Project Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of the business to take PMO to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Project Management, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a PMO Project Manager, you will support the Head of PMO by providing clear project planning support and direction to ensure that timescales and key deliverables are met with throughout the Masterplan life cycle.
This role is critical to the success of Masterplan projects across Selfridges and is responsible for assisting in the delivery of projects from initial brief and through to delivery making sure everything runs smoothly against the agreed plans. Working closely with the Masterplan project team, this role provides structure and direction.
As our PMO Project Manager you will:
- Support administration support to the PMO function with a focus on accuracy, chasing for updates, maintaining information and taking action in various workstream meetings & Steering meetings. Support coordination of PMO related meetings & updating of notes and actions as necessary.
- To show a clear understanding for Masterplan projects. Collate and review key project information for all Masterplan projects ensuring the right level of detail is captured for monthly exec reporting.
- Maintain action logs for numerous projects and proactively chase for updates ensuring they are obtained ahead of due dates.
- Producing/Maintaining RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies) logs on strategic projects where required.
- Planning and tracking – ensure all projects/workstreams are set up for success which will include checking they have met the set-up requirements (e.g. they are appropriately resourced & planned) and that they are then tracked.
- Progress management – Track and report on project/workstream/programme performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritised view of all workstream/projects
- Decision support – effectively highlight cross-project/workstream interdependencies, risks and issues supporting the Business Project Director and Steer Co with decision making and issue resolution
- Support preparation of materials – accountable for the preparation of necessary information/materials (to include board packs and senior stakeholder communications) for various forums and audiences to enable their effective decision-making and programme updates
- Document control – Maintain and continuously review processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete. This will include reviewing and updated the programme handbook and templates
- To liaise with all internal and external stakeholders throughout project lifecycle
- Monitor and review time targets and to report project progress and any issues back to the Senior Programme Manager
- Meeting governance – setting up and facilitation of coordinate meetings, workshops etc. and provide meeting support as applicable to reinforce buy-in and sponsorship
- Oversee the set up and maintenance of workspace areas on SharePoint/network drives for multiple projects and programmes.
- Analysis of information given in New Project Request Forms to ensure adequate detail was given by B&M & Property teams
- Assisting with producing the PMO report / Masterplan View on all strategic projects, ensure the format & content is continually reviewed to ensure it is of value
- Coordination and production of Masterplan and associated projects business case proposals and pipeline
- Producing the weekly All Stores Masterplan presentation for the Property Director
The Ideal Candidate
- A team player with the ability to work independently when required
- An eye for detail, reliable and well organised
- Working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining high standards
- Comfortable leading and managing cross-functional, often complex, work streams
- Previous experience working in client facing or service led roles
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills; ability to manage and improve complex workflows and teams
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); well-constructed emails, PowerPoint presentations, and able to clearly capture and relay information both internally and to the client
- Experienced with MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Indesign would be a plus
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understanding of deadlines
- Professional attitude and pride in quality of work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, adaptable environment
- Personal interest and understanding of the fashion, technology or similar creative industry is desirable
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking our projects to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development