Online Fulfillment Associate
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Responsible for the daily operations of Online Fulfilment including picking, packing, returns, click and collect, quality control, point of sale shipping, personalisation and basic administration and work load management. As the department grows it also may include other online or store supporting functions. You will deliver high levels of productivity through effective engagement and set KPI targets, using initiative and responding to the Peak trading periods with dedication and professionalism. You are encouraged to develop positive key relationships with shop floor teams including Brand Specialists and Department Managers to avoid the abandonment of orders, Personal shopping teams and Click and Collect front of house. You will be an ambassador for the department and as such you will be required to deliver excellent customer service to your internal and external customers.
- Working as part of a team and individually to deliver an excellent service to the Fulfilment Team customers.
- To take individual responsibility for a particular/designated area as directed by your Team Managers.
- Will seek to develop positive key relationships with brand specialists and team members.
- Work cohesively and as one with other Online Fulfilment Associates while on duty and build key relationships through effective communication on all levels.
- Ensure productivity consistently meets required expectations with a high level of professionalism
- Seek to continuously improve standards and expectations through participation in on-going development and training.
- To comply with all health and safety regulations and compliance audits as required.
- Ensure Quality Control checks are carried out prior to fulfilment by inspecting products for accuracy or product & quality.
- To understand and follow packing guidelines and maintain audit compliant standards.
- To be familiar with all stock across all departments and divisions and develop excellent product knowledge.
- Highlight website product discrepancies and inaccuracies to, Online Fulfilment Team Managers.
- Collate and manage packaging u sage ensuring the area is fully stocked and continuously replenished.
- Learn and maintain the Brand Specialist Process and be confident with the returns process.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to confidently communicate and build relationships across all levels.
- Hands on approach to day to day tasks.
- A proactive and reactive problem solver as well as process driven.
- Computer literate.
- Should be bright, motivated, and possesses a strong work ethic and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment and changes in procedures.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.