Night Duty Security Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your security operation and management experience? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
To positively lead and inspire a overnight 3rd party manned guarding team working in store, to protect our people, property and profitability.
To take ownership for evacuation, invacuation and other emergency security and safety procedures by working in partnership with Health & Safety and store leadership teams.
To continuously invest in the development of the store security culture through regular training and engagement exercises with teams at all levels.
Creating police statements and evidence gathering to support investigations and/or prosecution of offenders.
To optimise all resources, internally and externally to deliver the wider Loss Prevention and Security strategies, as agreed with Senior Security Operations Manager.
To support store leadership in understanding the local security and police activity, threat analysis and risk profile.
To partner with the Loss Prevention & Inventory Manager to identify the root cause of stock loss, cash loss and other crime in the store.
To partner with our colleagues in Heath & Safety, Property and IT to ensure all overnight projects can be executed safely and securely.
To work with the Senior Business Resilience Manager to ensure all incidents are escalated quickly and effectively.
To support the Senior Security Operations Manager in delivering and maintaining the security strategy in the store, and optimising security systems and technology to combat crime.
To work Crime & Investigations teams to identify, respond and escalate cases of internal dishonesty or other crime.
To maintain solid relationships with local Police teams, crime partnerships and other retail security teams in the fight against retail crime.
Collaborate with Loss Prevention and Security Managers to develop new ‘lean’ processes and controls that better identify, combat, and ultimately reduce shrinkage, through any and all causes; Theft, Waste, Damages, Administrative, Vendor Discrepancies or other Operational opportunities.
To build and maintain a positive culture of Loss Prevention throughout the Selfridges & Co.
- KPI/SLA reporting and feedback to 3rd party relationships.
- To drive a positive security culture through regular stakeholder engagement, training and awareness campaigns in store.
- Build and maintain positive, collaborative relationship store teams, and colleagues across Loss Prevention & Security function.
- To passionately and effectively embed the Security strategy across the store.
- To lead a balanced and proportional approach to problem solving.
- To attend, participate and present regular store and head office meetings.
- To conduct regular Security and Loss Prevention compliance audits.
- Build effective relationships with all relevant external parties: Police, National Crime Agency, Crime Prevention agencies and Partner with other Retail Loss Prevention leadership in identifying and sharing best practices.
- Create witness statements and evidence gathering to support internal and external investigations.
- Produce weekly reports to Senior Security Operations Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5+ years working in a Security, Loss Prevention or Police role, with at least 2 years in a management position.
- Holds an existing SIA front line license.
- A H&S qualification (IOSH, NEBOSH) is highly advantageous
- Passionate about Security, Safety and Loss Prevention
- Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated.
- Engaging with the ability to influence and inspire change.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders, and an engage people at every level of our business.
- Experienced in developing effective security policy and procedures in a retail environment.
- A good knowledge of Physical Security standards, industry best practice and policy is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of current industry legislation (Theft Act, PACE, GDPR etc) and accreditations and licensing relating to the provision of Security services.
Please note this position is for night work, on a shift basis predominantly 4 on and 4 off.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development