New Product Developer - Food
Are you looking for a Product Development role that gives you the chance to get creative? Are you a forward-thinking foodie, who is passionate about developing new food products? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in product development?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our New Product Developer, you will manage the development and implementation of new product within our Selfridges Selection food range. Key to this role will be the project management required to plan and grow the Selfridges Selection range, from ideation to execution, all with the aim of Selfridges own label becoming an established brand in the market.
A de-facto food trend reporter, you will be able to identify opportunities within the food industry, developing creative ideas which will diversify our food offering so it is always in keeping with food trends. From sourcing ingredients which are both sustainable and traceable, to ensuring our offering excites, amazes and amuses our customers. As part of this you will:
- Provide the food buying team support in reaching out to suppliers and developing the product range. The Buying team are responsible for the final sales plan.
- Drive, manage and plan the project end to end, from the creative brief to launch on the shop floor.
- Work with the Creative office and other stakeholders to understand the vision for Selfridges own label and to co-ordinate the teams responsible for bringing this to life.
- Be responsible for the smooth running of the own label projects, working across Creative, Buying, Graphics and Marketing to ensure every element is in place for each new phase of the process.
- To work with the Buying team to understand and establish a range and retail price
- To work with the Buying team to influence the suppliers in design, quality and manufacture of Selfridges own label product
- To work with the Graphics team for the design and sourcing of packaging
- Communicate with retail operations, particularly with regard to new product launches and training
- Work with the Property and Visual teams to ensure product placement optimises the opportunity for own label product
- Work with marketing including PR and Events to maximise promotional opportunities in line with new product launches
- To work with consultancies employed to help develop product (e.g. The Food Practice).
- To understand and enhance the Selfridges own label product portfolio, through early analysis of performance, taking action when necessary to discontinue products
- Manage budgets and work to timelines
The Ideal Candidate
- Outstanding project management skills
- A commercial player with an ability to control costs
- Ability to build rapport and robust relationships
- A strong influencer
- Good empathy with brand development
- A passion for food and product development
- Understanding of each of the key elements in own label product development from sourcing to packaging
- Ability to communicate at all levels and areas of the business and with external parties
- Ability to quickly build a high profile within a business with flair and resilience
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent understanding of the industry and great brand awareness
- Systems literate
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
· Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
· Discounted gym memberships
· Pension contributions
· Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
· A volunteer day for all team members
· Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development