Are you looking for a new Mid-weight Photographer role that gives you the chance to work in a highly creative team to produce cutting-edge, inspiring digital content? Are you searching for a role that gives you the opportunity to work for a business renowned for its style, creative flair and innovative approach? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Photography as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
- Must have strong and extensive knowledge of shooting fashion and stills product in order to achieve the absolute highest standard of imagery for e-commerce and editorial photography where necessary.
- To work closely with a team of stylists & Art Directors to achieve the daily targets of up to 65 RTW products per day.
- Must have strong technical photographic knowledge and brand awareness when shooting on fashion sets.
- Must also have a high level of competency in shooting high-end still life product.
- An ability to direct models in a clear and cohesive manner, and guide models who are not as strong as other in order to achieve a successful shooting day.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Photographers.
- Maintain sets, ensuring all photographic equipment is in working order, reporting any damaged items that are in need of repair.
- Prioritise work in accordance of level of importance.
- Shoot all products in accordance to the style guidelines.
- A Mid-Weight Photographer must be able to adopt the correct lighting set up for each specific task.
- Obtain briefs from Digital Creative and Graphics and execute the shoot to the require standard.
- Report damaged goods; photographing and emailing the relevant parties.
- Must undertake site walks on an ad-hoc basis and report findings and areas of development to the Senior Photographer.
- Notify the Senior Photographer / Photography Manager of any consumables that require ordering.
- Provide support to Junior Photographers on a day-to-day basis.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills & Attributes
- At least 3 years’ experience working as Photographer. Prior industry ecommerce experience is advantageous.
- Ability to work within and communicate with a strong team. This includes the ability and confidence to direct models and led the production on a photography set.
- Must be able to shoot multiple products to style guidelines at a high pace whilst maintaining a high quality.
- An exceptional understanding of all technical aspects required with Photography within the studio
- Must have a strong understanding of other areas within a Photo Studio such as retouch, styling, and fashion brands.
- Ability to diagnose and fix technical issues on set.
- Must be a team player, with the ability work with a large team of different people in various roles on a day-to-day basis.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to be able to work under pressure.
- Must be committed to completing their daily workload.
- Good communication skills and a positive can-do attitude.
- A strong ability to lead and inspire their fellow team members.
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development