Mid Weight Photographer
- To interpret and implement the Selfridges creative vision, through the photography of product assets for Selfridges.com
- To understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studios.
- Must be strong in shooting fashion and still life, achieving the absolute highest standard of imagery for e-commerce.
- To work closely with a team of stylists to achieve the daily targets of 35-65 products per day.
- Must have strong technical photographic knowledge and brand awareness when shooting Fashion.
- Must also have a high level of competency in shooting high-end still life product.
- An ability to direct models in a clear and cohesive manner, and guide models who are not as strong as other in order to achieve a successful shooting day.
- Must provide assistance to the Senior Photographer.
- Maintain sets, ensuring all photographic equipment is in working order, reporting any damaged items that are in need of repair.
- Prioritise work in accordance of level of importance.
- Shoot all products in accordance to the Style Guidelines.
- A Mid-Weight Photographer must be able to adopt the correct lighting set up for each specific task.
- Obtain briefs from Digital Creative and Graphics and execute the shoot to the require standard.
- Report damaged goods; photographing and emailing the relevant parties.
- Must undertake site walks on an ad-hoc basis and report findings and areas of development to the Senior Photographer.
- Notify the Senior Photographer / Photography Manager of any consumables that require ordering.
- Provide support to Junior Photographers on a day-to-day basis.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to be able to work under pressure.
- Must be committed to completing their daily workload.
- Good communication skills and a positive can-do attitude.
- A strong ability to lead and inspire their fellow team members.
- At least 3 years experience working as Photographer within ecommerce photography with the ability to shoot fashion and stills product to a good standard.
- Ability to work within and communicate with a strong team. This includes the ability and confidence to direct models and led the production on a photography set.
- Must be able to shoot multiple products to style guidelines at a high pace whilst maintaining a high quality.
- An exceptional understanding of all technical aspects required with Photography within the studio.
- Experience of understanding budgets, company figures and sales figures.
- Experience co-ordinating a team of photographers.
- Ability to diagnose and fix technical issues on set.
- Must be a team player, with the ability work with a large team of different people in various roles on a day-to-day basis. Must adhere to the following Selfridges values; We Lead and Inspire, We Show Respect, We Own Customer Experience, We Share Our Knowledge, and We Take Responsibility and Deliver.
Your Career At Selfridges
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work