Merchandiser - Womenswear (9 months FTC)
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
We are looking for a Merchandiser to join our Womenswear division. As a Merchandiser, you will:
- Maximise full price sales and profitability through effective distribution of stock by ensuring the right stock is in the right place at the right time.
- Co-ordinate the planning process for own areas, working with the Merchandise Manager and Buying teams and providing quantitative support as required.
- Work in conjunction with the buying teams to influence department strategies and to monitor stock and commitment and make recommendations to highlight risks and minimise markdown.
- Analyse full price sell through by brand and category and make recommendations to the buying teams.
- Manage the WSSI process (weekly) including; ensuring commitment and OTBis managed through accurate forecasting
- Manage and deliver markdown within budget as agreed with Merchandise Manager
- Work with buying and merchandise teams to plan and present financial plan to Merchandise Manager and Head of.
- Analyse sales densities and make recommendations for change
- Ensure that terminal stock issues are highlighted early and agree action plan with Merchandise Manager and Buying team
- Identify opportunities and manage the process for Transfer of stock
- Prepare departmental CAPEX with Buyers and present for approval to Merchandise Manager and Head Of.
- Make decisions regarding allocation of stock to stores and communicate to Allocators for action
- Promote best use of key systems (Retek, Excel) and attend training where necessary
- Oversee smooth deliveries of stock from the DC to stores to ensure maximum sell through
- Attend floorwalks with retail operations and ensure team maintains regular contact and deals promptly with shop floor queries
- Manage and develop a merchandising team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Well-developed influencing skills
- Strong people manager
- Proactive and resilient
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.