Expanding our ‘known’ regional customer base across all channels is a key pillar of Selfridges growth plan. Driving customer retention & engagement is a primary focus in delivering this growth and increasing brand awareness, consideration and footfall are secondary levers. In order to realise this, it is essential to focus upon the capture of customer data in Manchester and Birmingham, and therefore the Senior Marketing Manager works closely with the CRM team to track this performance and identify ways in which to drive it.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for managing key regional partnerships and external agencies from a marketing perspective. This role is output driven and will involve travelling to Manchester and Birmingham to ensure close alignment with the store teams.
- Create, implement and oversee the regional marketing plan, working closely with the category marketing team, events team and communication channel owners.
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders to ensure one integrated regional plan and consistency of message across all channels. Support in the execution, reporting and analysis of these campaigns.
- Build own relationships with key counterparts and stakeholders in store and at head office within Marketing, Retail Operations, Creative, PR, Events, Internal Graphics Agency, VM, Buying & Merchandising, and Internal Communications to achieve best results for marketing activity at all Manchester and Birmingham.
- Work with the teams in the updating of Regional Marketing Calendars and activity updates on main Marketing Calendar as a strategic tool for planning and cross functional sharing.
- Responsible for analysing the effectiveness of all regional marketing activity whilst focusing on retention, brand awareness & consideration and footfall to stores.
- Responsible for ensuring the optimisation of regional elements within national marketing campaigns.
- Building and maintaining regional marketing partnerships, like Birmingham Updates, Hammersons and Intu Marketing relationships.
The Ideal Candidate
- Work experience or internship in Brand Marketing & Communications, Advertising, Media, Digital, Events or PR
- Competent in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Personal Attributes / Behavioural Skills
- Awareness of best-in-class marketing
- An interest in Fashion
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong process / project management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good at building internal and external relationships
- Exemplary planning and organisation skills