The Managing Editor sits in the Customer Planning team and manages the delivery of our content across our owned and paid media. They plan, create and support the day-to-day delivery of editorial content across the Selfridges website, app, email and editorial, aligned to social and paid channels. ensuring a best-in-class experience for the Selfridges customer.
This is a critical role to support the Customer Planning team in delivering extraordinary and consistent customer communication experiences for Selfridges.
As Managing Editor, you will –
- Manage the content strategy for Selfridges owned and paid channels, ensuring we are telling the right stories in the right places at the right time, aligned to brand, customer and commercial priorities captured in the Master Calendar
- Manage Editorial content deliverables in line with Marketing briefs and Master Calendar priorities working with the Category Editors to build out cohesive storytelling across our channels including Digital, CRM, SEO, Social Media plus any paid opportunities.
- Provide essential coordination to plan the delivery of Marketing Content and amplification plans across all channels, including brand partner campaigns
- Be responsible for creating and scheduling content briefs on a daily basis. Working closely with the creative and channel teams to help ensure the smooth delivery of content.
- Create copy for articles, CRM emails, site copy, organic and paid social content, and app pushes to reflect the Selfridges Tone of Voice, as set and monitored by Creative Direction
- Sub edit for content briefs as and when required.
- Oversee daily publishing operations for Selfridges digital channels, test content across site and app, and report on content performance, providing informed recommendations to the Category Planning Editors.
- Ensure content meets brand standards and reflects the Selfridges Tone of Voice set by the Creative Direction team, delegates and communicates feedback to support this
- Manage and grow the senior copywriter and Senior photo editor.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be highly organised and proactive, a digital-first thinker with a meticulous eye for detail
- Have good knowledge of the fashion and beauty industries, as well as content and channel trends and insights
- A great multi-tasker, able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Analytical and results-driven, able to read data to measure performance
- A great writer and communicator, both verbal and written with excellent people skills. Able to form strong relationships with key cross-functional team members, and stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable. Responsive to business needs and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- Highly organised and proactive, with the ability to manage pressing and competing deadlines. As well as adept at managing the challenges of multiple marketing channels,
- Passionate and confident to communicate with all levels of the organisation and external partners
- A living example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague.
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.