Makeup Artist - Online Studio (Part Time)
We are looking for an inventive Makeup Artist to help implement and interpret the Selfridges creative vision through the Makeup for Online Shoots. Being a fashion-forward thinker, you must understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of styling and imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studios.
As our Make Up Artist, you will:
- Maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the studios which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work.
- Attention to detail is crucial in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Working simultaneously across 1-2 models per day.
- To ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides to best execute the brand vision
- Collaborate on a daily basis with Art Director, Photographer and Stylist to produce imagery
- Work on daily direction in line with the seasonal Selfridges makeup guides
- Strong awareness and knowledge of trends and how these can be interpreted through the Selfridges Creative vision
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence styling ideas, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
- Working with Senior Hair & Makeup Artist on the update of Selfridges Makeup style guides
- Maintain efficiencies within the studios.
- Brief freelance members of the hair and makeup team on daily direction.
- Work continuously with peers to implement changes in order to improve studio efficiencies or shoot imagery.
- Work reactively on set, problem solving and showing initiative in a fast paced studio environment
- Maintain a tidy workspace and work alongside colleagues to tidy area before the following day
- Share knowledge with junior members of the team, supporting in their development.
The Ideal Candidate
This role requires a person with excellent makeup technique and a very strong creative visual focus, as well as possessing strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- 2/3 years makeup artistry experience
- E-commerce and editorial session experience is a must
- Experienced and competent working with all skin tones
- BTEC National Diploma Makeup Level 3 would be desired, but not essential
- Good communication skills and able to give and take direction
- Strong fashion and trend knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Manual handling
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
NB. A portfolio of creative work will be required on application. A website and social page can be additional.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development