Learning and Development Consultant
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Learning and Development to take our learning offering to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Learning and Development, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a Learning and Development Consultant, you will design and develop blended learning materials and programmes across retail, to meet priority Business needs. You’ll build a thorough understanding of our skill gaps and do everything you can to meet these through innovative solutions whether you’re helping sales associates to broaden their skills and create amazing customer experiences or upskilling managers and leaders on specific priorities, you will collaborate with stakeholders to design and deliver initiatives and solutions that are aligned to our company values and strategic plans.
As L&D Consultant you will:
- Input to the planning of the L&D offer to ensure a blended range of development solutions which meet business needs
- Deliver specific L&D solutions and programmes to support business needs
- Design and develop digital and face to face learning solutions to meet audience needs
- Maximise and promote use of My Workday Learning to offer meaningful solutions using data and insight appropriately
- Collaborate with external partners and internal Business stakeholders to deliver high quality learning experiences which meet business needs
- Support and guide those on development programmes and their line managers or sponsors to ensure a good success rate on meeting learning objectives and maximising performance
- Support the performance management and talent review process, to promote a learning culture and utilising relevant insight to drive decision making
- Manage costs effectively and ensure confidentiality is maintained in line with GDPR and compliance requirements
- Support the wider people agenda to drive Business priorities through taking part and collaborating in cross-functional meetings/projects as appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in designing and delivering a range of Learning and Development solutions, and have a good understanding of each element of the ‘training cycle’.
- Planned and organised in your approach to managing projects to meet and exceed business needs
- Experienced in designing L&D solutions in digital ways alongside face to face
- An experienced and engaging facilitator with large and small groups of delegates
- Commercial and business savvy
- Able to balance customer focused thinking with practical and effective solutions
- Collaborative, and engaging and able to influence others, including Business stakeholders
- Confident in sharing and owning feedback across the team and with delegates where relevant
- Self-starting, with a high level of resilience and attention to detail
- Able to problem solve to drive results
- Self-aware - knowing own areas of strength and development
- Continuously building your expertise in digital and face to face design, facilitation, planning and maintenance of Learning spaces and methods
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
Please note, this role can be based from either Birmingham or Manchester but will require some travel across all locations.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development