Lead Stylist - Editorial, Menswear
Are you looking for an Editorial Stylist role that gives you the chance to work for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Are you searching for a role where you can make the most out of your creative talents, whilst building on a career in styling? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in the creative space as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Stylist in Menswear Editorial, you will surprise, amaze and amuse our customers by delivering an extraordinary, visual experience to our online channels. As part of this, you will:
- Research and conceptualise seasonal fashion trends that work in line with our internal Fashion Direction.
- Produce seasonal trend boards for presentations to management and the wider business.
- Develop a distinct tone of voice for the styling of our Menswear online offering and act as the true brand guardian for this across the business. In other words, you’ll own it!
- Maintain excellent brand and competitor knowledge, ranging from High Street to Super Brands, and everything in between.
- Update the styling wardrobe on a consistent basis to ensure they are always on trend and in line with what we’re doing.
- Own and develop hair and grooming direction for the season in collaboration with external specialists.
- Collaborate with the Ecommerce Styling Manager and Ecommerce Art Director to ensure coherence between styling in online fashion editorials and product photography.
- Support the Ecommerce Styling Manager in the training & development of junior members of styling team, mentoring and inspiring them daily.
- Develop strategic alliances and strong relationships with key industry partners from freelance styling assistants, to hair and make-up artists, in order to strengthen the pool of collaborators for Selfridges.
You’ll be reporting into the Digital Fashion Director, while working closely internally with the Ecommerce Styling Manager, Ecommerce Art Director and the wider Creative Team.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll love and have experience of styling for designer menswear fashion editorials, whether that’s been for print or online.
- It would be amazing (desirable) if you’ve worked for a sizable, multi-channel retail brand before.
- You’ll know your way around a set having previously worked with a number of leading fashion photographers.
- You’ll have a wonderfully calm disposition and be an effective problem solver, even during the most hectic times. You’ll also be adaptable and able to respond to the wider Fashion Direction as per the needs of the business.
- You’ll have the ability to develop original concepts but also be flexible in building on existing ideas – it’s a balance!
- A positive attitude and a good team player is what we’re looking for, and you’ll inspire this way of working with the wider team.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to surround yourself by a diverse team, with experience across an array of creative disciplines from which you can learn a great deal. It doesn’t just stop here either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development