Are you looking for a new Kitchen Porter role that gives you the chance to work in restaurant kitchens for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in restaurants as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
There’s more to Selfridges than exclusive designer labels. In fact, we have thousands of customers dining at our cafes and restaurants each week. As a Kitchen Porter in our Restaurants team, you’ll impress with your ability to follow precise instructions, while enjoying sociable store hours and excellent opportunities for career progression.
Supporting the team in our restaurant kitchen, you’ll get involved in every aspect of food preparation and service. It’s a great opportunity to gain wide range of experience early on in your career. Whether you’re dressing a salad, rotating stock or cleaning down the kitchen, you’ll always apply the same sharp attention to detail and strive for the very highest standards.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll need to have gained a reasonable amount of experience in a similarly fast-paced kitchen environment.
- You’ll have bags of initiative and a flexible approach to your role, so no matter what tasks arise in the kitchen, you’ll always be on hand and trusted to deliver.
- You’ll need to be comfortable following precise instructions and taking direction – remember, this is a fantastic learning experience too, so be prepared to take it all in.
- You’ll have a genuine passion for food, and the energy, enthusiasm and commitment to succeed in our kitchens.
- A positive, can-do attitude is what we love here, and you’ll always be prepared to go above and beyond for our customers.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to surround yourself by a diverse team, with experience across an array of catering and hospitality disciplines from which you can learn a great deal. It doesn’t just stop in the kitchen either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development