Junior Creative Researcher
The Creative Direction team operates as Selfridges’ in-house creative agency. We provide the business with creative concepts and future-thinking research material spanning creative schemes, advertising campaigns, architecture and retail spaces, customer experience, brand guardianship, customer behaviour, business culture, alternative business models, and future opportunities and risks. Our key objective is to provide exceptional creative direction that pushes the brand and business forward in a way that is consistent with our brand’s values and identity.
What do we need from you?
To provide creative research, assist with design presentations, and provide overall support to the Creative Direction team.
The role involves in-depth cultural and creative research, used to inform the Creative Direction team and wider business. Research is undertaken both in response to specific briefs, as well as ongoing, information gathering. The role also involves designing and structuring research (both self-initiated and from Creative Direction team members) into clear, readable and visually appealing presentations and digital content, used to communicate ideas, projects and trends to the wider business as well as external partners.
- Undertaking research as well as findings and compiling images and information as briefed by Creative Direction team.
- Extensive online and magazine picture research. It is important our images have creative integrity (no ‘corporate’ imagery).
- Formulating, designing and presenting self-initiated cultural research relevant to the Creative Direction team and in line with Selfridges business strategy.
- Presenting research findings back in a timely and well-ordered format.
- Awareness and interest in key blogs and websites relevant to art, design, fashion, creativity and culture.
- Maintaining, organising and updating the library, sourcing relevant publications often on a project basis.
- Ensuring all written copy is grammatically correct and spell checked.
- Supporting the research team and Creative Direction Team in presentations. This includes preparing the room for the audience, ensuring the correct technical kit is ready for use and testing the presentation in the environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- BA graduate or relevant experience in a creative field eg. art, design, advertising or fashion
- High level of competency in PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Word
- Film editing skills an advantage though not essential
- Highly organised with a natural ability to develop and work to processes and deadlines
- A creatively driven person with high taste level and a professional and confident manner
- Excellent computer presentation skills on Mac. Web and digital savvy.
- Confidential and discreet
- Team player with ability to work under own initiative
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Discounted gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
A volunteer day for all team members
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development