Are you looking for a new Investigations Manager role? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Loss Prevention as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Investigations Manager, you’ll own, develop and deliver all aspects of Selfridges’ investigation management objectives. As part of this, you will:
- To support a culture of Loss Prevention, Security and Business Resilience across Selfridges.
- To detect crime and/or other dishonesty through effective data mining.
- To build and maintain valued working partnerships with all Retail Ops, Legal, Employee Relations, HR, Internal Audit and more.
- To optimise all resources, internally and externally to deliver the wider Loss Prevention & Security strategy.
- To lead a balanced and proportional approach to problem solving, and sustainable progress by identifying gaps in processes and controls that can be exploited by crime.
- To operate with the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Build effective relationships with all relevant external parties: Police, National Crime Agency, Crime Prevention agencies and Partner with other Retail Investigations leadership in identifying and sharing best practices.
- To act as the subject matter expert for all matters relating to AML, Crime, Dishonesty and Investigations.
You'll partner with Loss Prevention and Security colleagues to utilise all resources to detect and prevent loss and crime in all locations. You'll partner with colleagues in Digital Fraud team to understand and respond to cases of organised crime, in stores and online, engaging with Police and other law enforcement bodies where required. You'll to collaborate with the Financial Crime Manager to escalate cases of serious or organised crime to Senior Loss Prevention Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- A naturally pragmatic and solutions-lead individual, who is naturally suspicious and inquisitive.
- A naturally analytical and data-driven leader, who formulates opinions and decisions based on data.
- Experienced in developing and embedding effective Policies and Procedures in a retail environment is advantageous.
- Highly engaging with the ability to influence and inspire people at every level.
- A good knowledge of current legislation, and regulations regarding crime.
- A subject matter expert in corporate investigation techniques, industry best practice and process.
- Certification or qualification in investigations is highly desirable (Wicklander Zulawski, PCI, CFI etc)
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking Loss Prevention to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at Loss Prevention either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development