Internal Communications Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Are you looking for a new Internal Communications Manager role that gives you the chance to work in a highly creative and professional team? Are you searching for a role that gives you the opportunity to work for a business renowned for its style, creative flair and innovative approach? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Internal Communications as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
This role, which will be covering a period of maternity leave, is dedicated to supporting our Selfridges transformation programme which is made up of a series of workstreams aligned to our Selfridges Strategy. From new systems and ways of working to new tools and innovations, all designed to enhance the customer and team member experience, this person will be responsible for bringing this to life for our teams.
- Recommend and develop communication strategies for this area of the business to help them deliver on their goals
- Work in conjunction with the Change team to establish communication plans for a variety of transformational programmes and initiatives
- Create and deliver innovative communications that drive engagement in the Selfridges Strategy
- Partner with senior leaders and key stakeholders, offering best practice communications guidance and support
- Provide continual feedback and measurement to track progress against clear objectives and milestones
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional track record in internal communications, working with high profile organisations
- Experience of managing internal communications in a change environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across a variety of functional areas
- Experience of working across a broad range of media and channels, with a deep knowledge of how emerging technologies can drive engagement and business performance
- A brilliant writer, with sound editorial judgement. Able to write and edit copy at speed, with attention to detail and the ability to distil complex messages into an easily understood narrative
- Organised, with strong project management and planning skills
- Experience of internal event planning and delivery with high profile brands
- A decisive leadership style, with the ability to positively contribute to a creative, high performing, results focused internal communications team
- A strategic mind set, with a hands-on approach
- Ability to develop strong, positive working relationships at all levels
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to plan and deliver innovative internal communications campaigns that reflect the creativity of the Selfridges brand
Impact and influence
- A credible advisor to senior stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly explain the objectives of communication plans with passion and conviction
- Excellent influencing skills, able to build positive, strong relationships and convince stakeholders of recommended approaches and conclusions
- Ability to persuade, using logic and commercial reasoning
- Lead by positive example, with the ability to maintain high levels of performance and self-control under pressure or adversity
- Resourceful and imaginative, with a high level of logical thinking and problem solving
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development