Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff… Rewards and benefits Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary. Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely Generous annual leave that increases with length of service Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies Defined pension contribution scheme Generous bonus and/or commission scheme Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment Subsidised gym memberships Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
We are transforming our Selfridges Integration platform and bringing the capabilities in house and have an exciting opportunity for an Integration Engineer (ETL/ELT) to join our rapidly expanding teams based in our London office.
Your vision and ambition will contribute to shaping our Integration technology and influence our future technical direction. This is not necessarily a hands-on role, but you would have the expertise and experience to challenge and guide our engineering and operations teams.
- Assure the Batch platform for both prod and non-prod services across Selfridges technology landscape.
- Organise and lead technical design and high-level scoping sessions while working closely with the team on best ways forward.
- Working closely with other teams especially when working on cross team initiatives.
- Provide functional and technical assurance for the current and future Scheduling platforms.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing scheduling technologies and help introduce them where appropriate.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by ensuring best practices and processes are followed as well as track any technical debts and risks.
- Ensure the platform health is maintained with timely upgrades and robust capacity management.
- Look for areas of improvement across the platform and contribute to the domain strategy in line with the overall Integration Platform strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
- Great engineering – Should have a strong knowledge of developing, enhancing, tuning and supporting ETL/ELT, PL/SQL, SQL data integration solutions.
- Your responsibility will span across engineering and operations.
- Leadership and Coaching - You’re highly proactive, you take ownership of problems and propose solutions. Using your knowledge and experience, you will drive improvements across the team.
- Flexible delivery - you delivery supports both Waterfall and agile methodology, reducing risk and creating a fast feedback loop.
- Willing to support potential out of hours calls
- Overall batch experience using Oracle or Informatica.
- Good understanding of batch/ETL concepts.
- Exposure to Highly available setup, substitution API
- Preferably should have worked with different source and target technologies for e.g. Oracle, JSON, Flat files, Queues etc
- Good problem-solving skills. Experienced at performance tuning.
- Hands on Unix scripting.
- Exposure to external scheduling tools.
- Good at providing design direction and validation work done by other members of the team.
- Preferable to have developer certifications.
- Good understanding of DevOps pipeline and CI/CD.
- Ability to diagnose problems and come up with solutions and/or workarounds in a fast-paced environment and effectively communicate with business and technical team members in a timely manner.
- Open to learn new technologies as needed.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. Our awards cabinet We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.