Insights Manager FTC 12 Months
Are you looking for a new Insight role that gives you the chance to develop and implement creative and imaginative ways of displaying and disseminating insight? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Customer Insight as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
As our new Insights Manager, you'll take end-to-end ownership of certain projects and assist the Senior Insights Manager in delivering others. Areas for exploration will include measuring brand perceptions among existing and potential customers, understanding of the drivers of revenue and informing our customer retention strategy. As part of this, you will:
- You will use customer data, primary/third party and industry research to continually grow and improve our understanding of our online and in-store customers.
- Provide research support to Selfridges’ strategic projects (e.g., brand positioning, VIP customer strategy, understanding international markets, etc.)
- Manage our brand health tracking and other continuous research projects
- Support stakeholders from across the company with a manageable number of ad-hoc requests for customer feedback and insight.
- Produce insightful analysis, drawing on internal and external research, transactional data, market intelligence, customer empathy and your own commercial understanding.
- Deliver impactful reports and presentations which drive action and provoke change.
- Develop and build a strong relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, Digital, Retail Operations, Creative) to understand their business challenges and research needs.
- Collaborate with the wider community of analysts sitting in related departments such as CRM, User Experience, Digital Analytics, Marketing, etc.
- Manage relationships with research agencies and external parties.
- Promote the Selfridges Customer Strategy & Insight team as a centre of excellence both internally and externally in order to help recruit and retain the best talent.
The Ideal Candidate
- Intellectually curious and passionate about understanding customers through research and data
- Rigorous and analytical with meticulous attention to detail
- Capable of creatively bringing insights to life through storytelling and data visualisation
- Strong commercial awareness
- Respectful and collaborative, able to forge strong relationships
- An articulate and confident communicator with strong influencing skills
- Self-motivated and willing to act on initiative
- Strong time management and organisational skills
Skills & Experience
- Experience of market research or customer insight on either the client or agency side
- Experience in qualitative approaches, discussion guide design, interview moderation and analysis
- Experience in quantitative research methods, questionnaire design, and data analysis
- Experience of using survey tools to build and deploy questionnaires
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, creating advanced formulae and charts
- Comfortable working with large and complex data sets to interpret trends and draw clear conclusions
- Capable of extracting insight from multiple sources to create compelling and coherent stories
- A confident and credible presenter
- The ability to collaborate with and influence business departments and third parties
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development