Infrastructure Support Analyst - Network
To assist in the provision of 2nd line support services for all infrastructure, ensuring delivery of SLA’s to the Selfridges & Co Business as well as supporting projects through to implementation.
The Infrastructure Support Team are responsible for providing back office infrastructure support to our business and IS users. The team will work closely with our Service Desk and suppliers to provide second and third line operational support to ensure timely and efficient resolution of service requests, issues and incidents. As well as supporting all projects through to implementation.
- Ensure the day to day operational tasks that are necessary to provide a stable and robust environment are performed
- Work closely with external support vendors/suppliers and professional services groups as needed to resolve issues, upgrade or implement solutions
- Effective ownership and communication of open service impacting issues to operations and Information Services teams
- Continue learning and training, keeping abreast of developments and innovation within their field
- Evaluate possible technical options, exploiting available technologies within the business and outside while ensuring consistency with current technical design while being cognisant of cost and time implications
- Develop and test new technical functionality from specifications in accordance with technical and development standards and procedures to meet agreed estimates to complete
- Provide support and coaching as required to other team members
- Implement the effective and timely transfer of support issues from 2nd line to 1st line as appropriate
- Assist in the effective management of supplier service reviews and improvement initiatives
- Identify trends and root cause, driving improvements or upgrades as necessary
- Control the acceptance and implication of new or changed technical functionality into the production environment
- Delivery of own performance against SLA, attaining agreed metrics for all services
- Participation in IT projects and ensure capability to support changes post go live
- Participation in all areas of ITIL processes, both reactive and proactive, to ensure a seamless service
- Compliance with business and IS quality management, risk management, security policies and procedures
- Participating in disaster recovery activities as required
- Performing capacity management and availability management activities for Back Office systems
- The role will involve working out of hours, Weekends and Bank Holidays when required, but primarily the role is a 9 to 5:30 Monday to Friday
- The role also requires to be on be On-call for one week to cover out of hours escalations, this is shared through the team on a one in six basis
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent understanding of service delivery processes.
- Good Experience working with LAN Switches
- Good Experience working with WAN Technology.
- Good Experience working with Firewalls.
- Good Experience working with Wireless Infrastructure.
- Experience of server hardware configuration and setup
- Experience of working in an ecommerce environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role Proven track record of managing third parties
- Experience of working with IaaS partners
- Operational support experience
- Vendor / Supplier Management
- ITIL awareness
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ecommerce environment support experience
- Infrastructure support experience (essential)
- Experience of managing different environments (test, pre-prod, production)
- Management and Execution of Disaster Recovery plans
- Management and Execution of Business Continuity plans
- Process and Procedure experience (development and implementation)
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales, with a focus on resolution of support issues in a timely manner
- Experience of working in a fast paced, creative on-line retail environment
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 and experience of working in an ITIL environment
- WAN configuration MPLS
- LAN switches HP/Cisco.
- Firewall technology Checkpoint/Dell SonicWall/Palo Alto
- Setting up VPN’s
- Wireless Infrastructure Motorola/Cisco/Aruba
- Management of DDOS
- Management of IDS/IPS
- Networking Skills including TCP/IP, switches, patching, etc.
- Experience of a computerised call logging application
- VMware –vSphere
- CommVault Backup
- IBM Websphere
- Azure / AWS Cloud Services
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Skilled in problem diagnosis and resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Good planning and organisation skills;
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Good understanding of Operational principles
- Broad functional and process knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent business writing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Logical Approach to Problem Solving
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work