Imagery Lead - Photostudio
As a Imagery Lead - Photostudio, you will:
- Lead a high-performing and diverse team of Photographers and Retouchers in the e-commerce Photo Studio.
- You will own and be accountable for the end-to-end image capture process, on- set-lighting and responsible for providing high quality and consistent finish for
- Support the daily asset QA process ensuring image perfection before upload, working closely with the Retouch and Asset management teams on the direction of finish.
- Line manage and mentor the Photography Editor and Retouch Editor
- Partner with the Head of Studio to improve workflow processes, output, studio tools and quality.
- Ownership of accurate Style Guides for Photography and Retouch teams
- Oversee Video across elevated product in the studio and evolve current guidelines
- Implement strategies to improve efficiency and image quality.
- Weekly site walks with feedback to the team
- Collaborate with wider business stakeholders to deliver against business objectives
- Create a culture and environment that allows the team to be creative and productive
- Champion collaboration, ensure that the Photography and Retouch Team are productive partners
- Manage and improve KPI’s including cost per product, reshoot rate, error rate, set start times and productivity.
- Drive development for Photographers and Retouchers to support career progression, upskilling and talent retention
- This is a full-time, studio-based, 5 days a week role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Lead by example, a competent and talented photographer and retoucher
- A portfolio of strong imagery that demonstrates technical expertise in photography and post- production.
- Solid experience in an e-commerce or creative studio. Video experience is beneficial.
- Broad lighting and photography equipment knowledge. An ability to draw on a wide range of alternative lighting set-ups for models and still-life products.
- An ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on set.
- Proficient in all lighting brands, including Broncolour and Profoto and digital cameras including Canon.
- Expert knowledge of Mac computers
- Highly competent in using Adobe Photoshop and Bridge, Capture One Pro and other Microsoft Office programs.
- An ability to identify and implement techniques to drive productivity in Post-Production eg. Quick selection tools and Actions in Photoshop, Wacom tablets
- Expert knowledge of colour management techniques in studio workflow for Photography and Retouch to ensure colour is consistent and accurately represents the product.
- Experience with using ‘SpinMe’ Studio management tool is an advantage.
- Experience in using a third party or proprietary Studio Management Workflow tool and a strong understanding of the requirements to support a high volume of asset production.
- Previous experience in budget and resource management.
- Proven commercial and creative acumen. Educated to Degree level in a relevant field or equivalent industry experience.
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.