IT Security Operations Engineer
The IT Security Operations Team are responsible for managing, maintaining and monitoring Selfridges IT security tooling, enforcing security policies and ensuring that the Selfridges estate is secure.
- Security incident response, including identification of infrastructure related security incidents.
- Assessing, investigating and remediating security vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring & auditing system access.
- Maintaining security risk register.
- Facilitating regular Penetration and Vulnerability testing with 3rd parties.
- Managing security remediation activity, internally and with 3rd parties.
- Investigating and Reporting on Data Loss Prevention alerts.
- Investigating and Reporting on Intrusion Detection and Prevention alerts.
- Maintaining a robust certificate and key management framework.
- Security audits.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing security tooling to enable policy enforcement.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Skilled in problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively.
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Broad functional and process knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent business writing, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Educated to degree level or similar (Security+).
- Knowledge of IT security best practices.
- Knowledge of hacking tactics & techniques.
- Knowledge of encryption technologies.
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 and experience of working in an ITIL environment.
- Prior experience in a similar role or experience in a security adjacent role.
- Process and procedure experience (development and implementation).
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales, with a focus on resolution of support issues in a timely manner.
- Operational experience of security authentication and entitlement.
Essential Product Knowledge:
- MS Windows, MacOS and RHEL operating systems –
- MS Exchange or O365.
- SPAM filter solutions.
- Intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS).
- MS Active Directory.
- Secure gateway technologies.
- Content filtering solutions.
- Content delivery networks.
- Vulnerability management solutions.
- CrowdStrike endpoint protection / Microsoft security essentials.
- Understanding of security methodologies and countermeasures.
- Data loss prevention (DLP).
- Networking and firewalls.
- SIEM and threat detection tooling.
- Knowledge of PCI / NIST / GDPR.
Desirable Product Knowledge:
- Palo Alto firewalls.
- AWS cloud security. –
- Single Sign On / Multi-Factor processes.
- Hacking tactics and techniques.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.