Tech Business Analyst – Source & Supply
As a Business Analyst you will be part of the technology team collaborating closely with our product and operational teams to identify, shape and support the successful delivery of business process and technology change through the Source & Supply domain to improve existing business capabilities and establish new ones to meet the desired business outcomes.
As part of this, you will:
Business Architecture & Enterprise / Domain Analysis
- Collaborate with the product team in shaping the product backlog and domain roadmap, identifying opportunities for efficiency, unlocking latent capability and driving value swiftly through effective shaping, grooming and sequencing.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the Architecture assets that cover Business Capability, Business Process and Business Information.
Business Process Analysis & Engineering
- Understand and model what the business operational teams do and why.
- Define and document the business processes associated with all new solutions. Collaborate with the product team, business change team and operational teams to ensure all new ways of working are agreed.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes through simplification and removing waste, process automation, and working closely with business change to agree where changes in roles and responsibilities would drive efficiency.
Requirements Elicitation & Engineering
- Elicit, validate, refine and manage the requirements (Epics, Features & Stories) within a given initiative, including defining the expected behaviour of the solution and the non-functional requirements. This involves working as part of the delivery team and strong collaboration with the product team and broader stakeholders across business and technology.
- Ensure the traceability of requirements through design, build, testing and deployment.
Business Solution Design, Assurance & Implementation
- Work alongside architecture and engineering to define the functional behaviour of the solution and ensure it meets the business requirements, collaborating closely with the product team.
- Collaborates with the Quality Engineering team to establish the quality assurance strategy and approach for the initiative and support the quality activities through the delivery lifecycle.
- Work with the product and business change teams to support operational acceptance testing, user acceptance testing and the business implementation of new initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience as a Business Analyst both in a product and project orientated delivery environment, ideally with experience of working within Retail. Experience and knowledge of supply chain, stock management or order management would be desirable.
Experienced in business requirements elicitation and engineering, business process analysis, and business solution design & assurance in both Agile and Waterfall environments. Good understanding of a range of business analysis methods, including user story elaboration and grooming, business process modelling (BPMN) and UML (use case models and activity diagrams).
An excellent communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build and maintain with stakeholders and are adept at flexing your style to match the audience. You effectively engage both technical and business stakeholders (at different levels of the organisation).
A clear, logical thinker with a customer focused mindset, who demonstrates excellent interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills.
Consensus driving and organised. You will have the ability to bring together cross functional stakeholders (internal and external) and drive decision making, align on outcomes and approaches, and embed effectively into the delivery of technology solutions.
Passionate and knowledgeable about Business Analysis and industry best practice. Someone who is keen to be actively involved and contribute to the Business Analysis Chapter.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development