Group Reward Manager
Do you have extensive experience in rewards? Have an analytical mindset? Enjoy engaging with a wide range of stakeholders, including the executive team? Then this could be the role for you.
Selfridges Group is comprised of Brown Thomas and Arnotts in Ireland, Selfridges in the UK and de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands, all of which are successful department stores in their own right. Although part of an overarching group structure, the business has purposefully sought to maintain the individuality of each brand and as such they all have a distinct positioning, in keeping with their local market and the customers that they serve. We call these our “banners”.
Selfridges Group Central Team is made up of around 50 people whose purpose is to support the banners in thought leadership, cross-group project management, reporting and governance. Our culture is a dynamic and fast-paced one, and those with a pro-active mind-set, strong communication skills and an international perspective will find Selfridges Group an exciting, challenging and fulfilling organisation in which to work. This role will join our SG People team, reporting into the Group Director of Culture and Reward.
- Manage cyclical reward activities and processes, e.g. annual pay review and bonus planning, for the Group teams at centre. Connect with colleagues in the Group People team to link reward to performance.
- Work closely with the Group Finance teams to feed numbers into accruals and accounting. Entirety
- Ensure execution of all reward transactional activities, including liaising with Payroll and managing communications.
- People metrics and analytics. Collect data from the banners. Analyse, synthesise and report on insights and findings with guidance from the Group People Director.
- Review regularly all pay policies applied to the Group team. Evaluating banners’ pay policies to ensure they are aligned with the Group Vision, Purpose & Values and the Code of Ethics.
- Engage with stakeholders and Group/banner colleagues and provide guidance, advice and challenge in order to support the delivery of our values and behaviours.
- Support the Group Director of Culture and Reward in preparing papers and meetings for the Selfridges Group Remuneration Committee and matters related to executive remuneration.
- Support M&A activities and work on reward projects with a focus on integration and harmonisation.
- Research, report and make recommendations based on market trends, industry benchmarks and best practice.
- Support the Group Director of Culture and Reward in strategy and programme delivery. Deputise with an aspiration to be the successor in leading the reward agenda.
- Contribute to the Group People team on the wider People agenda.
The Ideal Candidate
- Currently already a reward manager looking to further progress their career, or
- Currently already a senior reward manager but with a smaller scope/remit looking to broaden their horizons;
- 8+ years’ experience in reward, compensation and benefits;
- Must be numerate, skilled in data analytics and an advance Excel user;
- Group or holding company experience desirable but not essential;
- Executive remuneration experience desirable but not essential;
- UK plc or listed company background desirable but not essential;
- Have a genuine interest in the retail industry and sustainability.