Group Asset Manager (12 month contract)
Selfridges Group is comprised of Brown Thomas and Arnotts in Ireland, Holt Renfrew in Canada, Selfridges in the UK and de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands. In addition to the retail banners, the Group has built up a portfolio of mixed-use investment properties around Selfridges’ Oxford Street store, known as the Neighbourhood Portfolio.
Our culture is a dynamic and fast-paced one, and those with a proactive mindset and strong communication skills will find Selfridges Group an exciting, challenging and fulfilling organisation in which to work.
We are looking for an energetic and proactive professional to join the Property team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to support the Head of Asset Management in delivering the vision for the Neighbourhood Portfolio:
‘A diverse and sustainable neighbourhood that creates long-term commercial and social value, is animated throughout the day and evening and fosters a spirit of innovation, collaboration and creative endeavor.’
In this role you will be responsible for:
Working on all aspects of the asset management of a high-profile portfolio in London’s West End. The key focus of the role is to:
- Deliver long term sustainable rental growth, whilst delivering the vision for the Neighbourhood.
- Take the lead in leasing vacant office, retail & leisure property in line with the Neighbourhood Leasing Strategy and as opportunities arise.
- Proactively meet and develop relationships with potential occupiers for the Neighbourhood.
- Lead our consultants in delivering rent review, lease renewal and lease re-gear negotiations, providing instruction and guidance.
- Work closely with our managing agents to handle applications from our customers, ensuring an excellent level of service is provided and that they maintain our buildings efficiently and sustainably.
- Work with our leasing agents to maintain the occupancy of our rental apartments, handling tenancy renewals and other events as needed.
- Proactively maintain strong occupier relationships, meeting regularly to understand their future plans and their likely demand for space.
- Assist with monthly reporting to our key stakeholders.
- As required, instruct valuations for the Neighbourhood properties, providing relevant information to valuers.
- Assist with P&L budgets for our properties and portfolio, working alongside our finance team. Monitor performance against long term strategy for each asset.
- Provide commercial input to potential refurbishment projects.
- Where required, provide real estate expertise to our retail banners, primarily Selfridges.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- RICS qualification preferred.
- Min 3 years’ experience in a similar or relevant role.
- A strong understanding of commercial property in Central London.
- The ability to build strong relationships with key business stakeholders, including at Executive level and with external advisors.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to tailor their communications to the audience.
- Good negotiation and analytical skills, being articulate and numerate.
- Enthusiasm for and a detailed knowledge of retail & F&B brands, as well as market trends.
- The ability to work collaboratively in an approachable, informal and inclusive culture.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the retail market is preferred, but not essential.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Excel & PowerPoint.