Do you have an inquiring analytical mind and great business acumen? Are you confident, organised and able to build strong working relationships? Do you have a passion for sustainability and could you influence at the most senior levels of Selfridges Group? If the answer is yes, this could be an exciting role for you.
Selfridges Group provides extraordinary shopping experiences for millions of customers around the world. The Group consists of five iconic brands: Brown Thomas and Arnotts in Ireland, Holt Renfrew in Canada, Selfridges in the UK and de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands.
We are a family owned business and a spirit of community runs through everything we do. Retail is changing, and our vision is to reinvent it for a sustainable future for our customers, people and partners. We see this as a space for experimentation, diverse thinking and a place where creativity and innovation can be nurtured.
Our customers care deeply about the environment and we have been at the forefront of sustainability in retail for a decade, and we are only just getting started. We want to take the lead in our industry as an agent for change by exploring and delivering new mindsets, models and materials.
We are not just shops. We create social spaces that are an essential part of the communities they inhabit where everyone is welcome. Whether physical or digital, we own experience and our destinations lead the way in experiential retail, giving customers a reason to visit again and again.
- Support the Chairman by understanding her agenda, key areas of focus and priorities
- Ensure meetings are well prepared, attendees are fully briefed in advance, actions are noted and followed-through
- Conduct research and analysis on topics in support of the Chairman’s agenda, preparing concise but rigorous reports to inform and support views. Precis key documents, including research conducted internally or externally with sustainability a key focus
- Represent the Chairman’s office at high profile events: for example, networking forums and conferences and be comfortable speaking with senior leaders on a host of topics
- Perform analyses into specific issues and work with each Selfridges Group business and/or Group function in the central team to address the them
- Work with thought-leaders or technical specialists to inform specific items on the Chairman’s agenda.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong analytical skills, including numeracy, with a high level of intellectual acumen
- A deep interest and passion for sustainability, with some professional experience in this area desirable
- Five years or more of post degree experience
- Excellent at building strong relationships and with effective influencing skills
- Collaborative and collegiate but able to express opinion and challenge where required to senior stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.