Senior Technical Manager - Food
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to deliver leading food safety and supplier quality assurance, in our Selfridges stores? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As part of your role as the Food Technical Manager, you will:
- Develop and continuously review food safety and supplier quality assurance standards for all areas with a particular focus on our London store.
- Ensure all food areas within the business are compliant with EU and UK Regulations
- Schedule and deliver hygiene and due diligence audits for a variety of food areas, and mange escalated non conformances
- Work with senior buyers and restaurant operations to assess, advise and approve new suppliers, new concessions, pop up operations and instore events
- Represent Food Technical in key cross functional working groups
- Manage relationships with Environmental Health, Trading Standards and the Food Standards Agency
- Support the Supplier Quality Assurance programme for Own Bought and Concession partners
- Lead the technical management of the Own Label development process
You’ll be a line manager, ensuring excellent monitoring and development of your direct reports. You will also work collaboratively with a variety of different departments including the Food Technical Team, Food Buying & Merchandising, Retail Operations, Restaurants Operations, Graphics - Ticketing Team, Online Team, Copy Team, Customer Services, Concession Partners.
The Ideal Candidate
As the Technical Manager, you will:
- Have a passion for food, food safety and food quality standards
- Have excellent knowledge of food legislation
- Have outstanding communication skills, be assertive & and adaptable to change
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have sound commercial knowledge
- Have a Degree/HND in Food Science, Environmental Health or related discipline
- Have good experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web-based programmes & data management systems
- Have strong project management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a high performing, close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about food. If you’re looking for a new role where you can make a big impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The fun stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development