Finance Systems Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your finance systems knowledge and expertise? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A Finance Systems Manager is required to join our finance team on a permanent basis. The role will be managing both the two finance systems in use, Oracle EBS and Oracle Essbase and relationships with both external support providers and the end users of the system.
- Ownership of the automated weekly/monthly business reporting for trading and profit, ensuring accuracy of information, and consistency across reports.
- Planning and co-ordinating changes to the reporting IT environment including budgets, half and full yearly rollovers, reforecasts and sale periods
- Provision of continuous finance systems development, identifying opportunities to streamline processes
- Supporting the Finance teams in London and Leicester and co-ordinating/implementing changes to drive value added analysis, insight and business performance improvement
- Managing the day-to-day maintenance of EBS and Oracle Systems, including interface monitoring and resolution, administering chart of accounts and user maintenance across finance and the wider business
- Leading small change projects across the systems
- Accountable for ongoing training and enhancing abilities within the team to create a dynamic working model for new analysis
- Enhancing the documentation trail for EBS and associated interfaces to ensure relevant accounting practices are upheld
- Managing relationships with the external helpdesk for Essbase, including approval of external cost budgets, planning for peak workload and monitoring assessing throughout the year
- Upholding a continuous improvement mindset and seek opportunities to drive positive change in finance business processes to improve efficiency
- To seek and develop ways to improve financial information to reduce customer queries.
- To meet or exceed deadlines and customer expectations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of EBS, Oracle Essbase and general finance processes
- Ability to drive development (internally and externally) of new processes within the finance systems
- Previous experience supporting finance systems / ERP including Oracle Financials
- Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with experience of understanding, documenting and accounting for business processes
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication/interpersonal and influencing skills
- Highly organised and efficient and able to manage own workload
- Flexible and able to work in a changeable, dynamic environment
- Demonstrates a desire to continuously improve processes and outputs
- London & Leicester Finance Teams
- IS Teams
- Business Stakeholders
- External Consultants
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development