Finance Manager (12 Month FTC)
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
- Support delivery of monthly management reporting and analysis to the Board and Group Finance
- Support decision making via the provision of clear and detailed financial analysis on financial performance including recommendations and insights.
- Ensure detailed line level financial information is accurately reflected and understood by senior leadership team
- Deliver adhoc changes to reporting in order to align group banner reporting
- Identify and implement actions to improve quality and timeliness of financial information within their area.
- Support delivery of reforecasts and long-range planning, including monthly reforecasts, budgets and 5 year strategic plans.
- Working with the wider finance team, provide clear understanding of risks and opportunities to the forecasts
- Work with the procurement function to identify routes to cost challenges and deliver challenging but achievable targets
- Co-ordinate routes to potential cost savings across Finance Business Partners in order aid full understanding of line level detail in order to embed challenges into forecasts
- Monitor procurement targets against savings achieved, classifying between cost avoidance, true cost savings and mitigation of cost increases
- Deliver half yearly density reporting to analyse department and floor profitability across stores
- Proactively develop solutions to and confident in challenging business thinking.
- Support business decision making via ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Participate in ad hoc projects where required providing sound financial analysis and clear decision-making support
- Plan, prioritise and deliver work in a way that meets or exceeds business requirements and customer expectations.
- Ensure consistent high-quality approach is applied to the departments deliverables.
- Develop team members to have a curious and inquisitive mindset as well as instilling a strong focus on quality and correctness.
- Work with Finance Managers across the wider finance team to identify and implement actions to support overall team cohesion and development.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified Accountant.
- Able to take accountability for their own development plan as well as coach and guide direct reports with theirs.
- Able to understand and articulate both financial and non-financial implications of business performance providing balanced and clear recommendations.
- Experience working within a fast paced, commercial environment. Retail experience preferable but not essential
- Able to work under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload ensuring deadlines are met.
- Comfortable working closely with business stakeholders.
- Able to effectively manage team planning and prioritising workload up to 6 months in advance
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to support business decision making.
- Analytical and excel modelling skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to drive own initiatives through to completion.
- Able to develop and improve working procedures and processes.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Commercially aware and customer focused.
- Verbal and written presentation skills with ability to adapt style based on audience
- Flexible, open to change and proactive.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.